OSU vs Baylor: is the runner going from 1st to 2nd out?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
DD plays 2nd a lot, should she run player back to 1st?

No need to chase the runner back to 1st base, either throw to 2nd for the force, or to 1st for the batter/runner but then any play on the advancing runner to 2nd would become a tag play once the b/r is put out.

Dec 20, 2012
Texas
No need to chase the runner back to 1st base, either throw to 2nd for the force, or to 1st for the batter/runner but then any play on the advancing runner to 2nd would become a tag play once the b/r is put out.

But since the b/r was not put out in this case, why was the runner then safe at 2nd? Did the umpires just mess this one up?

Jun 22, 2008
But since the b/r was not put out in this case, why was the runner then safe at 2nd? Did the umpires just mess this one up?
I can't tell from the video if f6 had her foot on the base or not when she caught the throw. It appears her foot may have been on the first base side and not touching. Umpire may have screwed up, he may not have. I would expect a better video of it is going to be posted somewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Jun 22, 2008
I stopped the video right when F6 caught the ball and there is a lot of glare on the TV screen but it looks like her right foot is well off the base.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I had the game on DVR and watched it a few times on the 'big screen'. It is clear Baylor never made the force at 2 on any of the throws.

Very good call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802