Organization / Club fees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
restaurant % one can be a decent one, but it also highly depends on how geographically spread out your team is. again, for people from further away, tougher sell.
For ours the players were not required to be there (or any team representative) although the team did have a team dinner at one of them. Probably depends on the restaurant.

May 6, 2015
For ours the players were not required to be there (or any team representative) although the team did have a team dinner at one them.
even if players/families are not required to be there, generally they are going to sell mostly to people who live near them. harder to convince people to attend say 40 minutes away when there is similar restaurants much closer. I know we had to try to sell hoagie tickets for a local deli in the opposite direction from us by 30 minutes from pretty much everyone we would try to sell to. we ended up buying minimum ourselves.

Jun 8, 2016
even if players/families are not required to be there, generally they are going to sell mostly to people who live near them. harder to convince people to attend say 40 minutes away when there is similar restaurants much closer. I know we had to try to sell hoagie tickets for a local deli in the opposite direction from us by 30 minutes from pretty much everyone we would try to sell to. we ended up buying minimum ourselves.
We were not selling anything. Whoever ate at the restaurant that night during the specified time basically gave us a donation (probably unknowingly for the most part ;)) Granted the days that we were given were not prime restaurant days but it worked out pretty good..e.g. I didn't have to do anything LOL!!

Jul 14, 2018
We're at $3K for a 14U B-level team. We get two paid coaches, indoor training all winter, three practices a week, four tourneys in the fall and 10 in the spring, two of which are "away" (within driving distance, but require a hotel stay). Had to buy uniforms but they were reasonable, under $100.

As others have said, I'm a little leery of the fundraising efforts. I feel like it's mostly me buying stuff that I don't need just to get a 15% return. When we've done the restaurant thing, they usually give you a flyer that you have to hand to the waitress when you pay the bill.

Jun 14, 2018
The team DD has decided to go with this year I was hoping was going to be on the cheaper end (07 12U). It is around the middle of the road on cost with 3 indoor practices a week, yes you read that correct! She will still go to her hitting coach that thinks slapping is dead (her mothers choice) but is a really good hitting coach with DD hanging on every word he says. She will also be getting back into catching lessons (catching and hitting lessons week on week off because I am not made of money). We do not know what the spring tournament schedule looks like but does sound like we will travel 2-3 times for overnights. With all that I am thinking her mother and I will have somewhere around $2200-$2500. I only have to pay for half of the team expenses and my family travel, so I would say no more than $1200-$1400 due to the wife always wanting better than the Super 8:cautious:.

Jul 16, 2018
Sounds like it, for sure.

However, how many tournaments does that get you?

The $250 from my understanding is "securing" the roster spot and uni/equipment. Coach has paid for our tourneys up front.
We're playing 4 this Fall and the talk for spring is 8-12. Will play strictly local tournaments and most in our area are the $150 - $300 entry fee. $$ is divided by 11 families later this fall and in the spring. By my count - an additional $100 per family for the fall tourneys alone.

So far we have received
A new bag (Easton catchers bag)
New Helmet (demarini)
2 pair Boombah pants
2 uni-tops
Practice top (can also wear as 3rd uni)
3 Pair TCK socks. .

Our team isnt exactly an "organization'. Coach has 1 daughter at 14U and another just joining 12U and decided he was going to be their coach. No fee for facilities as (I'm totally bragging here) he is high profile alumni with our local university and we will have access to fields and indoor there. They are however trying to get a 501c going as there is some sponsorship opportunities he's working on via MLB.

Edit - If anyone remembers this User Name :) - My daughter still cheers and I wont even begin to start on costs for that. Its double the highest amount listed here.

Jul 3, 2014
Inland Empire
For a 16U team, we pay $1500 a year, which includes 3 friendlies/tournaments a month, specialty practice (hitting/agility/speed at a indoor facility once a week), a field practice (once a week) and 4 sets of uniforms, helmet, bag, and a bunch of small items. Typically includes a team dinner for all the girls when we travel out of town for tournaments (typically every other month). Of course both DDs are on the team so we pay 2X!!

Jun 14, 2018
The best fundraiser I have seen is a whole club one. Every player must sell "x" tickets (throw on top of fees if you will) and then the players can sell as many tickets as they can and keep that money.

The club then draws a ticket a day in December. Each day is worth $100 and Xmas eve and Xmas day are worth $250! Winner goes back in the drawing as well.

I work in a place that has around 250 people and we are always buying tickets for something. For me these are an easy sell and a quick way to get my money back after paying for the fees upfront. I even work it out with the exwife that if she sales so many tickets then we will split the money earned down the middle up to covering the team fees. At that point any extra money I put back into our team funds!

Jun 12, 2015
Taking 8U out of it we've paid from $1500-$2300 or so each year total. I'm not sure what amount went to the org in 10U but in 12U she played for a well established organization that's not one of the top few in the state but well recognized, and I believe we payed $60/player to the org for the year.

Sep 26, 2011
For Fall Ball we’re paying $140 for 3 tournaments.

Summer fees are $500. Covers 5 tournaments, 1 full set of uniforms (shirt, pants, belt and socks), and a week day summer league, dozen games with playoffs.

Girls hit 2x a week indoor all winter. Last year we played a 3 pickup winter games and paid as we went. Travel is shutdown once HS season starts in mid March and won’t start up again until 1st or 2nd week of June.

One big fundraiser each of the past few years helped cover a 2nd set of Unis. Did super bowl squares 2 years ago and a “hit a thon” last year.

All in for Fall Winter and summer we paid about $800 including fees and “fundraising”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802