Organization / Club fees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I have a small town HS baseball association in my neck of the woods that does an annual gun raffle. A variety of 25 hunting rifles and shotguns given away, $100 per ticket, only 300 tickets printed and sold. $30K revenue for what, maybe, $8-12K worth of guns and minimal work. This wouldn't work for every organization, but it's a pretty good fundraiser for these guys, and they know their base.

May 6, 2015
We were not selling anything. Whoever ate at the restaurant that night during the specified time basically gave us a donation (probably unknowingly for the most part ;)) Granted the days that we were given were not prime restaurant days but it worked out pretty good..e.g. I didn't have to do anything LOL!!
Oh, generally when we have had similar fund raiseers, the customers had to specify they were there for fundraiser and/or hand server a flyer, etc.

May 6, 2015
The best fundraiser I have seen is a whole club one. Every player must sell "x" tickets (throw on top of fees if you will) and then the players can sell as many tickets as they can and keep that money.

The club then draws a ticket a day in December. Each day is worth $100 and Xmas eve and Xmas day are worth $250! Winner goes back in the drawing as well.

I work in a place that has around 250 people and we are always buying tickets for something. For me these are an easy sell and a quick way to get my money back after paying for the fees upfront. I even work it out with the exwife that if she sales so many tickets then we will split the money earned down the middle up to covering the team fees. At that point any extra money I put back into our team funds!
can do same thing, but just sell numbered tickets, and use local lottery drawing (say pick 3). this way, some days, unless you sell 1000 tix, have no winners (ie team wins).

Jun 8, 2016
Oh, generally when we have had similar fund raiseers, the customers had to specify they were there for fundraiser and/or hand server a flyer, etc.
Agreed. I think this restaurant may be one of the only ones who does not require a flyer or something similar.

Jun 14, 2018
I have a small town HS baseball association in my neck of the woods that does an annual gun raffle. A variety of 25 hunting rifles and shotguns given away, $100 per ticket, only 300 tickets printed and sold. $30K revenue for what, maybe, $8-12K worth of guns and minimal work. This wouldn't work for every organization, but it's a pretty good fundraiser for these guys, and they know their base.

I personally think gun raffles are the fastest and easiest way to make money. I mean I just sold 37 tickets for a S&W MP9 in two days for $10 a piece to help a local softball family out.

Through all the years I have been selling raffle tickets it is the people who win guns that are most likely to donate the gun back to raffle off again (as long as it is for a good cause)

Sep 9, 2019
Most pro sports allow teams to run a concession. 2 or 3 a year earn quite a bit. Knights of Columbus bingos pay $500 a night for 5 workers. Host 3 winter indoor tourneys. Our best $$ maker is gun raffle. $10 ticket, sold 100 with just a Facebook post and paypal. 70% went to the players. Using KofC, tourney and concession as team funds to share cost for coaches and family stay to play events. Kept basic fees for year round activity to $1500 with 6 major travel events. Its like a full time job anymore.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
I think DD’s new team is $800 for the year. This is for 16A. They have 5 fall tournaments, 2 indoor winter, and 6-7 summer tournaments after the high school season ends. A majority of organizations around here are mostly around a grand.

I hate doing fundraisers, but in the past we’ve had the best lock with the gun raffles and a glow/cosmic bingo. This year instead of fundraising we got a sponsor donation that goes straight to DD’s fees.

Jul 1, 2019
We're looking at $1800-$2000 this year 12A/PGF. That covers 4 fall tourney's, 2 indoor winter, and 10-12 spring/summer (5-7 will be out of state). Also covers 2 fall/practice uniforms, 2 more uniforms in the spring, bag and helmet (everything demarini), indoor practice facility 2x per week (one of which is prof instructed advanced fielding or speed/agility class). Team is coached by non-parent with parent and current DII player AC's, and is part of a 18-20 team organization.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802