Opinions on Tanner pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Last edited:
May 9, 2019
I'd work on her following through the body vs straight forward like "hello elbow" style.
She has a good drive though.

May 9, 2019
I noticed the ball/hand is facing the incorrect way in the downswing. She is coming into the down swing and into the release phase with the ball leading.

Yup, that's also true. Palm up will encourage IR instead of Hello Elbow I think.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
This was the first time the girls pitched in a long time. They just started pitching last year, so everything isn't complete and I'm going to use video more this year.

Sep 29, 2014
Biggest thing I would probably start with is arm circle she is really locked out her arm for the entire pitch, gotta get lose, whippy need some bend starting at noon.

May 9, 2019
Biggest thing I would probably start with is arm circle she is really locked out her arm for the entire pitch, gotta get lose, whippy need some bend starting at noon.

Yup, again I think the palm up would encourage more bend at the elbow. It's more natural for it to bend when the elbow is facing down than sideways.

May 9, 2019
This was the first time the girls pitched in a long time. They just started pitching last year, so everything isn't complete and I'm going to use video more this year.

Looks good all things considered. Just take it one step at a time and don't rush her like I did mine lol. I probably did more harm than good in the beginning..

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I told her sister to throw the ball harder and she really muscled up. The radar is good feedback for how not to throw hard. They both need to create more arm whip.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802