Opinion of custom mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2018
Ok, took about 4 weeks for the glove to come in. We ordered it with the stiff option....needless to say it's very very stiff lol. Going to take a very long time to break in. Overall both my DD and I agree it's by far the highest quality glove we've ever seen. The construction is top notch, down to the stitching. I've very impressed with it. I know know Annasdad doesn't frequent the forums any longer but I think it's a glove he'd be proud of. We used black Jtan and tan Jtan around the glove. We went with black oiled horween leather for the palm. It smells nice too!
View attachment 15927View attachment 15928View attachment 15929View attachment 15930View attachment 15931

Wow, that's very nice. What color is the stitching?

If I'm getting one more catcher's mitt for myself, I might need to re-think it!

Jul 1, 2019
Great looking glove. My new custom HOH was about the same 4 week delivery (received beginning of Nov) and is breaking in quicker than I expected. I've caught her last 5 practices/lessons with it and I'm totally happy. Agree with your feelings on quality, probably the best glove I've ever owned though I was always happy with my previous GG Elites. She's loved her HOH Fielding glove since she's had it (last Aug) but didn't start using it until fall season was over. Hers took longer to get broke in enough for her to trust it or moreso to trust herself with it (she's smaller in stature and it was pretty stiff compared to anything she's had before). Have to admit, now I'm thinking I need a new fielding glove too, lol. Good luck and enjoy the new leather.

Great looking glove. My new custom HOH was about the same 4 week delivery (received beginning of Nov) and is breaking in quicker than I expected. I've caught her last 5 practices/lessons with it and I'm totally happy. Agree with your feelings on quality, probably the best glove I've ever owned though I was always happy with my previous GG Elites. She's loved her HOH Fielding glove since she's had it (last Aug) but didn't start using it until fall season was over. Hers took longer to get broke in enough for her to trust it or moreso to trust herself with it (she's smaller in stature and it was pretty stiff compared to anything she's had before). Have to admit, now I'm thinking I need a new fielding glove too, lol. Good luck and enjoy the new leather.

Thanks, I appreciate it. The break in is going about what I expected with this mitt, gonna take a while lol. My DD is smaller too so probably gonna take a little longer for her to trust it too.
I've told my DD the same thing, I feel like I need a new glove now. Of course her response was she'd steal it and use it when she's not catching.

Dec 17, 2019
Thanks, I appreciate it. The break in is going about what I expected with this mitt, gonna take a while lol. My DD is smaller too so probably gonna take a little longer for her to trust it too.
I've told my DD the same thing, I feel like I need a new glove now. Of course her response was she'd steal it and use it when she's not catching.
This one looks interesting!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
This one looks interesting!

Hey, that looks very familiar! Other than @Travis Lassiter ...........this place is still very glove dead!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom