open gym

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 16, 2010
That's great .

HS has a lot of pressure to take Sr and upperclassmen over freshmen. There's a lot of pressure to get all Sr. letters too. In other words.....it can be a bit rigged player selection. So no matter the outcome, do not be discouraged.

Reactions: Mia

Mia

Dec 21, 2020
That's great .

HS has a lot of pressure to take Sr and upperclassmen over freshmen. There's a lot of pressure to get all Sr. letters too. In other words.....it can be a bit rigged player selection. So no matter the outcome, do not be discouraged.
I will try my hardest! If i do my best in hs and get into travel i will be okay.

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
You seem to have a really positive attitude which in itself is good. However softball is a game where failure 7 of 10 times is considered a good offensive player. Do not be afraid to fail. Some of the most famous MLB players have failed before they succeeded. So work to improve your weaknesses while keeping your strengths at a high level. Cheer for your teammates when not on the field. Learn to play multiple positions, and give the coach every reason to put you in.

Reactions: Mia

Mia

Dec 21, 2020
You seem to have a really positive attitude which in itself is good. However softball is a game where failure 7 of 10 times is considered a good offensive player. Do not be afraid to fail. Some of the most famous MLB players have failed before they succeeded. So work to improve your weaknesses while keeping your strengths at a high level. Cheer for your teammates when not on the field. Learn to play multiple positions, and give the coach every reason to put you in.
i will!! thank you !

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
At the practices/tryouts, say "Yes Coach" and "Thank you."

If they criticize you, say "Thank you!".

If they ask you to play catcher, say, "I will try."

Help pick up after practice.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2014
Also look for girls who have strong skills and see if you can meet up outside of practice to work on technique. One of our catchers asked DD to catch her at lessons. When you combine that day and 2 open gyms per week she is catching DD 3 times per week. When tryouts come she will have a level of comfort with DDs pitches and DD will have a level of comfort with her. We lost our varisty catcher to graduation so the catching spot is up for grabs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee