One hand or two hand finish?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Be careful teaching/coaching a certain finish.......the finish should happen naturally. ;)
It's not a teach unless it's a teach...............................

Apr 17, 2019
No one is advocating throwing the bat at the ball. The video is an example that the hands holding the bat at contact don't make a difference. For a baseball and baseball bat, this has also been proven in a physics lab. For softball, with a heavier ball, and a lighter bat, I'm not sure the equation is the same, especially on hits off the sweet-spot.

Love some of the physics nerds to chime in on that. Seems to me a matter of F=ma. Your hands don't add that much mass, and the acceleration is possibly affected, depending how early you released, but in that particular video, looks like not much impact.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Love some of the physics nerds to chime in on that. Seems to me a matter of F=ma. Your hands don't add that much mass, and the acceleration is possibly affected, depending how early you released, but in that particular video, looks like not much impact.

@pobguy (find him on Twitter) did do a study of this years ago. He proved that with a baseball and baseball bat, the hands holding the bat or not at the moment of impact have zero effect.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Ask softball players what these techno bats feel like with a soft grip?
How do you spell "reverberation" :unsure:
🤪 OUCH

Will speak from experience directly behind the plate, and calling pitches entire career.
Creating miss hits is easier with batters who have less control of barrell and weak strength in barrell.
Spin moves away from bat.
Can see in swings when batters have contact and essentially no force following thru will have weak spots on pitch locations.

Now gets into what others have mentioned.... Eric.F, and...
Does trying to do one thing possibly affect the intended result of good hitting mechanics.

Imo, can see many great hitters in our world.
Can everybody hit exactly the same? No!
Does everybody have same strengths or weaknesses? No!
However, everybody can resource knowledge, mechanics and tools to dial in better performance for each individual!

*Do what works for YOU!!
Individuals need to reflect on their own performance and
work for success!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478