On deck bat weight use in Softball vs Baseball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
I also recall a study showing at least no gain in bat speed, or nothing beyond a few swings.

I think it's a safety issue more just liability - SB field dimensions are way too small to have an object left outside a dugout. The donut flying off? I think that's a TD doing his or her best to impersonate an MSU umpire.

I'll use a sleeve weight in baseball. But since I already use a -5 💪, it's more for just loosening up than gaining speed. What I just realized I haven't seen is any SB players just using two bats in the on deck circle. Maybe it's a visual - they've never seen anyone else do it, so it's never occurred to them to try it?

Mar 6, 2016
I also recall a study showing at least no gain in bat speed, or nothing beyond a few swings.

I think it's a safety issue more just liability - SB field dimensions are way too small to have an object left outside a dugout. The donut flying off? I think that's a TD doing his or her best to impersonate an MSU umpire.

I'll use a sleeve weight in baseball. But since I already use a -5 💪, it's more for just loosening up than gaining speed. What I just realized I haven't seen is any SB players just using two bats in the on deck circle. Maybe it's a visual - they've never seen anyone else do it, so it's never occurred to them to try it?

LOL, yep, I remember doing that as a kid when we didn't have donuts or weights. My max was 3 bats at one time. Looking back, made no sense whatsoever because I couldn't even barely grab all three in my hands. ;)

Mar 6, 2016
Bat weight study...interesting...

NA-CP575_NUMBER_16U_20170525161809.jpg

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Always used the Dirx bat my whole career and still do...baseball then softball. Has nothing to do with increase bat speed. I felt it loosed my body up...back, shoulders, etc. Think that makes people think
its giving them more batspeed...think its really loosening.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Bat weight study...interesting...

NA-CP575_NUMBER_16U_20170525161809.jpg

This is probably a good study, but the person who made this graphic ought to be imprisoned. I'm not going to even try to dechiper it. Just put the numbers in a simple, easy-to-read chart. It would take less than 5 minutes to make and less than 5 seconds to understand.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28