On a personal note

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Hi all,

Sorry to depart from our usual softball discussions, but I know some of you are aware that for the last year my son Adam has been serving with the Illinois National Guard in an infantry unit in Afghanistan. I wanted to let you know that we found out yesterday he has now arrived safely at Ft. McCoy, Wisconsin, and we will be picking him up Monday afternoon in Effingham, IL which is his home post (due to the fact he signed up while a student at Eastern Illinois University).

Obviously, we are very excited by this. It's been a long and anxious year. He was a front-line soldier who saw his fair share of battle action, and from what we're told helped disrupt Taliban operations in the southern part of the country.

Thanks to those of you who kept Adam in your thoughts and prayers; it meant a lot. And remember that there are still many soldiers, sailors, Marines, airmen and Coast Guard members who are paying for our ability to argue whether the rise ball actually rises and the "right" way to hit a softball by giving up their comfy homes here and putting their lives on the line.

We are looking forward to yelling at him to clean his room, do something with his life, and stop spending his money like he's been out of the country for a year.
smile.png
In other words, normal stuff.

Ken

More...

KAT

May 13, 2008
thanks

Add me and my family to that list...

THANK YOU 100 times for allowing your son to serve our country

And THANK YOU a million times to your son for keeping us safe

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Thanks all for your good wishes. It's an exciting time at the Krause household. I talked to him on the phone tonight -- from his personal cell phone. He's happy to be back, and anxious to get home.

May 18, 2009
That is fantastic news! My son is currently serving with the 82nd Airborne Division in Baghdad. Reading your story made me miss him even more than I usually do.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Sorry to heat that. How long has he been there? Hope he is safe and that you are soon posting your own welcome home message. And tell him thank you.

May 18, 2009
My son has been there since the beginning of December. The good news is that it's fairly calm over there. He hasn't been involved in any shooting. I hope it stays that way. Thank you for your sons service and I'm glad he's back home!

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Welcome Home and Thanks!

Local News article about their return.

JG-TC.com > News > Local National Guard team returns from Afghanistan

Amber Nyara of Charleston wept as she searched the formation of marching soldiers for her close friend, former Eastern Illinois University student Spc. Adam Krause. “I’ve got so many mixed emotions right now,” Nyara said. “I’m so happy.”

Later, Krause said “a lot of things are different” in the United States now, noting the team left prior to the economic collapse last fall. “It’s going to take a little more adjustment,” he said.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802