Olivia, 11 Years Old or: "Another season down, another season of random swing mechanics during each at bat"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2014
geometry and sequence....where is the knob pointing at toe touch? Use words she can understand.

knee, hips and then hands....geometry of the knob to catcher stays until hands go.

Yes this is over simplifying a lot of it but will get her in a better launch with words/terms she may be able to better understand.

Oct 2, 2017
It also puts those who start off more upright in proper (chest over the ball) posture and helps create a balanced move out. Personally I think that (the head to toe loading) is more of a style thing than anything but @TDS and @Work=wins may disagree.

Allie does it somewhat, because she is usually more upright in her stance before starting.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
It also puts those who start off more upright in proper (chest over the ball) posture and helps create a balanced move out. Personally I think that (the head to toe loading) is more of a style thing than anything but @TDS and @Work=wins may disagree.

A Sagittal load is universal imo. But the head to toe stretch can be someone’s style. Every good hitter I have seen uses the Sagittal plane to get FYB.

The head to toe stretch makes most of this automatic imo. That’s why I advocate for it when possible.

Jul 29, 2013
She swings down often except for the first bp swing. Need to get front elbow above the ball and to the height of the shoulder plane and barrel below her hands early so she's not cutting down across the ball path.
Her bp swings look better timed than the game swings. Is the bp pitch coming from the rubber or are you closer? Her game swing looks like shes guessing at the timing.... like she's not sure how long the ball will take to get to her because she's been practicing to hit a completely different distance pitch.

Jun 8, 2016
Just putting this here for informational purposes as it somewhat relates to the loading conversation in this thread. Some may like, some may not...doesn't bother me either way ;) .

Oct 2, 2017
Just putting this here for informational purposes as it somewhat relates to the loading conversation in this thread. Some may like, some may not...doesn't bother me either way ;) .

Back pocket to pitcher is gotta be one of my favorite cues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45