Olivia, 11 Years Old or: "Another season down, another season of random swing mechanics during each at bat"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Do I have to pay extra to find out how you would teach her to load, or how you'd fix her sequence? :LOL:

I was pointing you in the right direction; you could go to older threads and read. It’s been reviewed a bunch of times already. Shouldn’t be hard to find. 😉

Or you can go down the rabbit hole and I’ll make you think and figure it out. Just being honest.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Do I have to pay extra to find out how you would teach her to load, or how you'd fix her sequence? :LOL:
I’m curious also to hear Ww has to say. Two different college coaches we’ve gotten lessons from before both described the loads they taught differently, one was a negative move with the hands going back, the other taught her load as when you got your toe down to almost slam your heel down to create that firm front side.

I think what a ”load” is can be several different things? Anna’s was a high front leg kick and her hands going slightly back to create a rubber band effect if you will.

I may have seriously screwed her up, but it’s worked pretty good so far!

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
So what will it be OsDad Door #1 or Door #2 LOL

It will NOT be the door of "make someone feel like they are an enlightened guru with disciples at their feet, just for the sake of stroking an ego". I'll give W=w the benefit of the doubt at this point but there have been others here who seemed to crave that.

W=w, there is a difference between someone saying "Tell me exactly what to do" and you giving a more clear critique of what you see. The fact that you emphasized the word load with quotation marks, tells me that getting the load correct is a lot more than just flipping a switch and likely requires different adjustments for each person, which is why I asked- I can read through old threads again and again (and I have) but we post videos so that fresh/objective eyes can hopefully see something we can't see, and give input. No one is asking for a free batting lesson.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If I’m already being perceived as pompus.. I will bow out now. Don’t need the drama. Like I said. Learn how to ‘load’ it will open up quite a bit for your dd.

Maybe others can help.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
... I'll give W=w the benefit of the doubt at this point but there have been others here who seemed to crave that..

I clearly said I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I don’t know you but I specifically pressed you because I think you have something to offer.

That said, you certainly aren’t obligated to say anything you don’t want to say, etc. I just wanted to know what you thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
. I want the ‘load’ to create the forward move.
Is correct. Not a bad swing but, has too big of a move out. Too much going on before your DD even gets set which seems to cause her to rush. Which seems to cause the big movement forward. Need to tone down and get more under controlled of her sequence and mechanics. Again I do like her swing mostly on the foul balls straight back.
taught her load as when you got your toe down to almost slam your heel down to create that firm front side.
one was a negative move with the hands going back,
Hence, the 'load to create forward movement' comment. FBC......Forward by Coil.

Jun 8, 2016
I clearly said I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I don’t know you but I specifically pressed you because I think you have something to offer.

That said, you certainly aren’t obligated to say anything you don’t want to say, etc. I just wanted to know what you thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/marcela-9-years-old.35568/page-14

posts 131 and 133 for what @Work=wins likes, or at least has suggested, for a loading model. It isn't the only way. At the end of the day you need to try and create some stretch in your core in your load and try and hold on to that until you are ready to launch.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
I agree with pattar. There is multiple ways to load. That's why I asked in my last post today in Allies 9yr old thread. Is there advantages or disadvantages to 2 different loading sequences she performed. Her not even realizing she was doing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478