Old school Stealth questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Were the old school Easton Stealths considered pretty bullet proof like Eastons one piece bats of the same era?

How close to catastrophic failure is an old Stealth with the famous paint line?

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
If you’re talking about the paint cracks and the connection on the 4B, 5B, 6B and 7B they can go along way after this starts. At some point, someone decided that the paint cracks or crazing at the connection and the “wobble” at the connection was a safety issue. Although, the few old Stealths I saw break were up on the barrel where contact was made with the ball. Not saying it never happened, but I never saw a barrel seperate from the handle on these.

If you’re talking about the straight line on the barrel of an SSR3B and the FP11ST10, it should still go to a while. These will completely fail once the shark tooth cracks begin due to the way the composite is woven and wrapped.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Old school Eastons were the sh!t with durability. Now it took a ton of swings to get going, but damn, they never stopped after that and lasted . And yeah, too many people
started worrying about wobble, sand sounds, and like a snapping sound at the connection if you stood there and violently swung it up and down, and paint cracks. None of these
effected the bat or made it unsafe.

That paint line means nothing...all it is, is a seam. That thing could still go years.

Like JD said...the shark is what to look for. You usually can even start seeing the appearance of the shark before it starts coming thru.

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks- I picked up a SSR3b pretty cheap and it weighs in exactly the same as her game bat. Had what looked to be original grip on it. Hoping it works for at least a practice bat but who knows- I believe it is still ASA legal.

I looked it over pretty close, just one line in the paint I can’t feel with my fingernail and it’s straight. Might even be field rash

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Thanks- I picked up a SSR3b pretty cheap and it weighs in exactly the same as her game bat. Had what looked to be original grip on it. Hoping it works for at least a practice bat but who knows- I believe it is still ASA legal.

I looked it over pretty close, just one line in the paint I can’t feel with my fingernail and it’s straight. Might even be field rash
It is still ASA legal. There are a few of those floating around with the USSSA thumbprint stamp too. If it’s well broken in, don’t get mad at her if she makes it her gamer, lol!

Dec 11, 2010
We just hit it. Didn't put the pocket radar on it but it looked good on the eye radar. She likes it already, swings like her ghost.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812