Old school bad father failures...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Ironically attributed to Mark Twain...incorrectly

So here's mine: Did you know they now say Hydrogen Peroxide actually slows down healing by killing good cells? Yea, me neither. After a delayed steal went a little crazy, an already infected knee wound is now worse. So tonight my catcher (my kid) will be playing SS and SS will be catching....neither one is very comfortable about that.

What else don't I know that I don't know? #badfatheroftheyear

When DD1 was a catcher, we were having a problem in our school system with staph infections. I felt it would be a great idea for her to keep some chlorox wipes in her bag to wipe down her gear after games. She kept them in one of those resealable freezer bags. So one weekend as she was heading to a tournament I made sure to toss one into her bag.
Now her mother made sure she had a similar bag of baby wipes for quick cleanups. We all know how nasty catchers can get right?
So during one of those games she gets a nasty scrape sliding into a base. When she gets to the dugout she grabs what she thought was her baby wipes to clean up the wound.
You can probably guess what happened next....

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
When DD1 was a catcher, we were having a problem in our school system with staph infections. I felt it would be a great idea for her to keep some chlorox wipes in her bag to wipe down her gear after games. She kept them in one of those resealable freezer bags. So one weekend as she was heading to a tournament I made sure to toss one into her bag.
Now her mother made sure she had a similar bag of baby wipes for quick cleanups. We all know how nasty catchers can get right?
So during one of those games she gets a nasty scrape sliding into a base. When she gets to the dugout she grabs what she thought was her baby wipes to clean up the wound.
You can probably guess what happened next....

Yeah it stings like B1@ch but chlorine kills just about anything on this planet whereas wipes...not so much. Could have been worse;)

May 16, 2016
Hydrogen Peroxide is an antiseptic. Good for cleaning wounds... but you should follow that up with some Antibiotic ointment to prevent infections.

Jun 11, 2013
At least you didn't put Mercurochrome on it. I don't know how many remember that stuff, but I think it was used so that you
only came in if you were really hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802