OKC Challenge 2020

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 14, 2018
DD team is going again this year and playing at Dale and Shawnee fields. How are field conditions at either place?

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019
We played in the USSSA 14U at Seminole last year...fields were awful and there was a sewage leak on one field. Closest hotels were 20-30 minutes away in Shawnee and were not top notch. There were a couple of newer hotels, but they were already full. We ended up staying in Del City and got treated to an air show from Tinker AFB.

The previous year we played in Triple Crown and used fields in Mustang, Moore and Westmoore High School. Those fields were much nicer, IMHO.

Dec 14, 2018
We played in the USSSA 14U at Seminole last year...fields were awful and there was a sewage leak on one field. Closest hotels were 20-30 minutes away in Shawnee and were not top notch. There were a couple of newer hotels, but they were already full. We ended up staying in Del City and got treated to an air show from Tinker AFB.

The previous year we played in Triple Crown and used fields in Mustang, Moore and Westmoore High School. Those fields were much nicer, IMHO.

My daugther played 14A last year in Chickasha. We played at 8 am and fields were not ready, heck a few fields had no bases and umpires had to put in the bases. we had a hour delay as the fields were unsafe to play. MSP needs to check field conditions before booking them for this large of a tournament.

Sep 23, 2018
Last year we played in the Triple Crown event. All of our games were in Moore (a few locations). Fields were great and each had bullpens/hitting areas. We stayed in OKC (to be close to WCWS), but our drive was only 20 min. Great event.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma

I'm just curious- was it Seminole Park or was it at Seminole State College's facility?

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Legion park, I believe. No offense if that's your home park but those fields just weren't the quality of field we generally play on.

Oh no, not at all. I was just curious. I was going to say if it was the college fields, it was surprising. Not so surprising that it was Legion. Most of the municipal parks outside of the OKC metro aren’t great. I’m not sure how/why they schedule the way they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 20, 2020
Those fields were rough, and a long way out of OKC. Fun to be able to get to the WCWS for games, but a solid hour of driving all three days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802