Ok, me too, tell me what you think of first year 14 year old swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
She should have been out to PGF to test herself against grade A pitching. I think she does fine. How does one get recruited from ND?

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
She should have been out to PGF to test herself against grade A pitching. I think she does fine. How does one get recruited from ND?

To be quite honest I have no idea lol. Been reading on some on the recruiting services. But have lots of people asking about what she is doing. Still too early, she doesnt even know what she wants to do for studies yet.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Well she has done quite a bit of tee work, and have been watching the swing path on the Zepp. Also working on raising the line on the bow net for balls to aim at, so she can feel the difference as we move the tee through positions. Any more good ones let me know.

May 12, 2016
Actually we worked on the nike swoosh. She watched the footage and comments and takes it to heart, and works on it. Yes she has power, but always striving to be better. Yes she wants to play in college. Sorry if it came off that way, just a proud Dad

You should be very proud and strive for continuous improvement. At the same time I would very cautious. The swing your DD has right now just might be the swing for her, nothing wrong with exploring and seeking advice. But who knows, 5-10 years down the road we might talking about emulating your DD's swing. Is hitting the strongest part of your DD's game? If so, maybe your focus right now should be on her weaker parts of the game. At the end of day, does your DD need to hit the ball over buildings? Or would hitting the buildings and having a well rounded game giver her a better chance of earning a scholarship? IDK, her hitting game right now looks pretty damn spectacular, JMHO, I would be cautious.

When I mentioned about the shameless brag section, I wasn't being negative, there's actually a section on here for that kind of thing. If my DD was performing the way your was, I'd be adding a post.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Well she pitches for her teams out of necessity, and shes pretty good, but loves 3B cause she wants to HIT! :) She pitches 2-3 times a week now in the off season and still has team defensive drills once a week. Mix in lifting for the track team after school, travel VB, and homework, she has a busy schedule lol. But just lights up when we are going to something/anything softball related.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28