Ok, me too, tell me what you think of first year 14 year old swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
This is just for starters, I'll find a longer clip. I just thought the weight shifts and styles where similar.

giphy.gif

Difference of the barrel paths. Down to and up through the ball=BOMBS!

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
This is just for starters, I'll find a longer clip. I just thought the weight shifts and styles where similar.

giphy.gif

Nice clip. Very different though. Young lady leverages her weight shift. Pro uses the ground. Young lady is never in balance. Pro is balanced throughout his sequence. Pro is forward yet back. Young lady coils but doesn’t have the right balance point to begin with. Her hands are pretty good. Her loading sequence is off. This swing isn’t bad at all. It’s just not mlb stuff. It’s not adjustable to change of speed. If she’s just plays high school. Leave her alone. If she’s a travel player, she will need some forward yet back in her swing. Dynamic balance as it’s called. Just my .02 good luck!

Dec 11, 2010
tumblr_pjaethTOJU1usf292o1_250.gif

tumblr_pjaethTOJU1usf292o1_250.gif

This is a big strong hitter and these are her first swings in a couple of months.

Agree with all of RD’s comments but particularly this one. Having been through this situation many times over the years I really try to keep my mouth shut on Night #1 back in the cage. Probably Night #2 also. Especially hitting machine balls.

I like this swing. In this environment, hitting a machine, I like it. She’s getting around the ball a little but if she normally hits to all fields during the season I would be pretty happy with that as a starting point in the first week of December.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Do you consider Edgar as tilting?

Tilting as in Epstein, back shoulder lowers as front arm/elbow raises (tilting).

giphy.gif

Yeah, I see tilt in Edgar. The swing drops the rear shoulder dependent on pitch location. Golf DD doesn't tilt much. Reason why I suggested 'launching' balls to the top of the back of the net. Needs the 'down to and up through the ball' Barrel path. Tilting will help.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Nice clip. Very different though. Young lady leverages her weight shift. Pro uses the ground. Young lady is never in balance. Pro is balanced throughout his sequence. Pro is forward yet back. Young lady coils but doesn’t have the right balance point to begin with. Her hands are pretty good. Her loading sequence is off. This swing isn’t bad at all. It’s just not mlb stuff. It’s not adjustable to change of speed. If she’s just plays high school. Leave her alone. If she’s a travel player, she will need some forward yet back in her swing. Dynamic balance as it’s called. Just my .02 good luck!

Pro's are physically intelligent.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Yeah, I see tilt in Edgar. The swing drops the rear shoulder dependent on pitch location. Golf DD doesn't tilt much. Reason why I suggested 'launching' balls to the top of the back of the net. Needs the 'down to and up through the ball' Barrel path. Tilting will help.

It looks like the girl keeps the back shoulder up and the hands roll a little as a result.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802