Ok, me too, tell me what you think of first year 14 year old swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Makes sense.. however if she's hitting apartment buildings on the other side of the fence, then maybe you should be advising others instead, lol.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
You do know the pitching will get wayyyyyyy better and faster. Just saying. A big and strong hitter can get away with less than ideal swing mechanics at the lower levels.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Yes, she plays 18u for half the summer, and has made the high school Varsity team since 7th grade. In fact, was first team high school, all state team at our highest level in ND as an 8th grader. She actually fairs much better when the pitching is better.

May 12, 2016
You do know the pitching will get wayyyyyyy better and faster. Just saying. A big and strong hitter can get away with less than ideal swing mechanics at the lower levels.

See RDB, she fairs better when the pitching is better. If your DD was hitting buildings on the other side of fence with good pitching would you change her swing much? I don't think OP is looking for advice, thread belongs in shameless brag section.. lol.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
See RDB, she fairs better when the pitching is better. If your DD was hitting buildings on the other side of fence with good pitching would you change her swing much? I don't think OP is looking for advice, thread belongs in shameless brag section.. lol.

Actually we worked on the nike swoosh. She watched the footage and comments and takes it to heart, and works on it. Yes she has power, but always striving to be better. Yes she wants to play in college. Sorry if it came off that way, just a proud Dad

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Nothing wrong with being a proud dad. I'll just leave it at your DD needs to improve her barrel path. Right now DD seems to have a 'level to the ball' swing. If she changes nothing at all she still will hit buildings. If she makes changes maybe...just maybe DD will hit them over buildings. Either way you can be proud and deserve to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802