Ok, me too, tell me what you think of first year 14 year old swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Work=wins,

Can you explain your post, start with,

I think the young lady is shifting the weight forward in a non stopping motion. Where Edgar shifts as part of getting into the launch position. Her front foot lands earlier then Edgar's, weigh shift vs getting into a position to swing, the front toe/foot is set down by the back side starting (Edgar gets into a launch position).

Anyways, I'll wait for you to comment before we get to detailed.

As far as leverage is concerned. The young lady uses her shift as leverage. Which causes her all back all forward pattern and takes her out of balance. The pro uses the ground for leverage. Which HELPS keep his balance points where they should be.

The ‘launch position’ you mentioned is that elusive ‘forward yet back’ position which enables a hitter to ‘walk out’ earlier and hit velocity or recognize off speed and ‘sit’. It starts with how the ‘load’ is created.

Lately Five has been eluding to loading sequence etc. I believe this is what he has been speaking of. IMHO.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Trying to keep this simple:
tumblr_pjc9ziHuqF1usf292o1_400.gif

Barrel path, barrel path & barrel path. Your DD needs to be down to and long through the ball. You can see your DD's barrel isn't long through the ball. It is level to the ball right now.
tumblr_pesuxvc8uf1usf292o1_540.gif

tumblr_perfx9XN391usf292o1_540.gif

tumblr_peef2boBmg1usf292o1_500.gif

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Ok are her hands better here, non casting? This was from spring

https://youtu.be/CnUy5RL74gs

Path looks pretty good. I would crank up a pitching machine just above what shes comfortable with, or front toss with a tighter timing window than shes used too. Film her. Then you can truly know what her flaws are if any are present. I said earlier she has a ABAF pattern. I still see that pattern in both game swings you posted. The barrel path was much better the last clip you posted. Was that a change up? Might have something to do with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee