Ohio Softball to start on 5/26!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Finally some reasonable people. This week marks the 3rd week since Georgia has reopened and there have been no surges at hospitals or spikes in cases. Truth is very few understand this virus. I'm glad Ohio has chosen to allow the girls to play.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The girls can play softball again. Yes, the kids can get on a field and play a softball game. There probably is very little risk involved in simply playing the game.

Large weekend tournaments probably won't be feasible. The restrictions on hotels and restaurants are significant.

I think travel teams will have to play a lot more friendlies this summer.

Nov 8, 2018
Wow that’s great. Here in Nj we are stay at home orders till June 6. Not sure what’s going to happen. Sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 16, 2016
Georgia has reopened

It's loosened up here in Georgia, but I wouldn't call it re-opened. There are still a lot of restrictions. Like, you cannot gather in groups larger than 10. Cannot practice in the open yet. Some teams are getting caught, and shut down, or kicked off the field. Tournaments are still canceled. Some restaurants opened, but a lot did not, or are still carry out only. Rush hour traffic is maybe 20% of "normal". Numbers are flat... not going up... but not going down either.

Georgia has been "opened" for 3 weeks, but looks like Ohio will get to play ball first.

Apr 28, 2014
It's loosened up here in Georgia, but I wouldn't call it re-opened. There are still a lot of restrictions. Like, you cannot gather in groups larger than 10. Cannot practice in the open yet. Some teams are getting caught, and shut down, or kicked off the field. Tournaments are still canceled. Some restaurants opened, but a lot did not, or are still carry out only. Rush hour traffic is maybe 20% of "normal". Numbers are flat... not going up... but not going down either.

Georgia has been "opened" for 3 weeks, but looks like Ohio will get to play ball first.
Good to know
I must say I am surprised that Georgia didnt see a huge spike like we were told they would once they opened. Maybe this was more widespread than they thought and many have antibodies. Hope we all get back to ball sooner than later.

Jun 8, 2016
Good to know
I must say I am surprised that Georgia didnt see a huge spike like we were told they would once they opened. Maybe this was more widespread than they thought and many have antibodies. Hope we all get back to ball sooner than later.

DD is supposed to have her 1st tournament this weekend here in OK but I don't think the weather is going to cooperate (of course it isn't :LOL: ) . Tournament isn't large, 32 teams over 3 age groups. They started practicing on the 4th.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Hopefully, if anything, better hygiene will become more popular in the United States.
Ohhh make that better hygiene throughout the world!

Nov 5, 2014
Truth is very few understand this virus.
You nailed it right here. Because this virus is brand new much of the info we receive ranges from educated guesses to batshit crazy. Georgia reopens and as of yet no spike as was feared but Texas is not going as well.

Why the difference? Who knows Maybe I should just be happy because DD is scheduled to play in the Atlanta are twice(well one is Chattanooga now) and zero in Texas.

Some of your answer will land in the area of testing. Texas has much more rural areas than GA, so maybe testing is not as widespread or maybe GA has stopped being as aggressive about testing? Incubation period can range from 7 to 21 days in some studies, so since GA has been open close to the 18 day mark, maybe we haven't seen new exposures yet?

If States in the south wanted to get serious about testing, they could set up shop in front of Lowe's and Home Depot, lol.

Mar 28, 2014
Because this virus is brand new much of the info we receive ranges from educated guesses to batshit crazy. Georgia reopens and as of yet no spike as was feared but Texas is not going as well.
Please explain. I live here and don't know what you are saying. Cases are up but that's because testing is up so logically if you test more people you're going to find more cases. The important numbers are rates not totals . Hospitalization rates are on the decline and death rates are the same as they were on May 1. Things are going just fine in Texas. Matter of fact, a Houston park had a nice Round Robin last night. 12 teams 3 age divisions.

98178350_10222907199092163_5546808958359961600_n.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478