# of teams

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2019
I just found out tonight about a 2010 birth year girl who just quit existing team and is returning to a prior team. This is her 6th team switch since 2019—she is first year 12u.

That’s got me thinking, what are some of the most frequent flyers you have seen in terms of changing teams?

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Made an offer last year at tryouts to a player that just moved to the area. She ended up jumping to 4 different teams throughout the year. None of the teams won enough for her parents. She ended up on a team that wins quite often. Only problem is she doesn't see the field much.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Lots of kids like that. I can think of one in particular that could be wearing a different uniform each weekend. She picked up all of the time. I think it might have something do with the parents financial situation, but that is me guessing. She committed to a D1 in the NE as an 8th grader, which had every scratching their heads. But she made it to campus. Good for her. I saw through social media that the mom had posted something about fall ball at her school and the former coach who was let go this summer responded to the post saying something like good luck or something. The mom responded with something to the effect of,"Let us know where you end up. We could be interested." Dayum! Still team hopping in college and posted it for everyone to see.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD played pretty much for the same Team thru 18U TB. She did guest play a few times and school ball which gave her an opportunity to experience some of the different dynamics teams have.

I despised her coach and tried to get her to leave the Team but she was old enough to make her own decisions and did not want too.

Playing with different Teams is good, jumping around all the time is bad IMO.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
If you team hop in the Texas area you will most likely play for the Bombers. No one will ever know that you jumped teams. I just got back from the Gold Cup and there are entirely way too many Bomber teams there. Bombers playing Bombers with same unis is very confusing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802