odd question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
i have an old Vinci that my eldest used for a large portion of her travel career......the glove itself is pretty toast at this point, but i want to do something with it

there are a lot of companies making men's wallets out of old gloves.......does anyone know of anyone making some sort of keepsakes or items that are more female-centric......or does anyone have any ideas on something i could myself make with the old glove?

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I've pondered this question for several years given some of the old leather I have available. I'd prefer it to be something useful rather than just cutting out a hunk and hanging it on the wall for sentimental value.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
What about 1of1mc? They can take a piece of the glove and make it part of a card for her (and, despite the 1of1 name, you could get multiple cards made so she could have one, you could get your own, etc.).

GIMNEPIWO

GIMNEPIWO
Dec 9, 2017
VA
A few years ago, the farmers down the street (who had Hispanic employees) were wearing sandals made out of old tires ... Each year their migrant workers would bring them a new pair ... They were super durable and they said very comfortable ... So, I was thinking, maybe you could make a lamp ?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
the glove itself is pretty toast at this point
So just how toast? Is it worth sending to someone like Jeffrey Rous and having restored? Is the liner, fingerstalls, and binding shot? It those are toast than it's not worth restoring!

I'm been thinking lately about buying me a "pocket dump" leather tray for keys, coins, and my EDC Spyderco knives. They're quiet, cool looking, and develop a nice patina over time. Just not sure how much leather someone can get out of this glove? Maybe enough for a small tray that she can put her rings and earrings in ?

examples.....
1668712660397.png
1668712721869.png

May 28, 2019
i have an old Vinci that my eldest used for a large portion of her travel career......the glove itself is pretty toast at this point, but i want to do something with it

there are a lot of companies making men's wallets out of old gloves.......does anyone know of anyone making some sort of keepsakes or items that are more female-centric......or does anyone have any ideas on something i could myself make with the old glove?

what about some leather bracelet type ideas. Could be a little bonding item one for you and her for the memories of yelling and scolding her. (j/k a little)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802