Nunthia vs. Boardmember Smackdown 2020

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2012
Board Member or whomever you are, I totally disagree the way you snap you ball off your hip. That is not the way to do it. You are rolling your hand and arm over and not staying behind the ball long enough to finish he forearm fire with Zero Hip snap. I am 80 year old who has been teaching softball in Indianapolis for 31 years now. If I can find out how to put myself on this forum like you have I will demonstrate the proper way to snap and follow through to get the most power. The main problem here is you worry too much about demonstrating I/R and over rotate to demonstrate. I'm sorry I have to do this but this is the way I feel. I'm going to find out how to video like you are doing to give what I think is better way and I do it all the time into my glove with a strong lose follow through.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Board Member or whomever you are, I totally disagree the way you snap you ball off your hip. That is not the way to do it. You are rolling your hand and arm over and not staying behind the ball long enough to finish he forearm fire with Zero Hip snap. I am 80 year old who has been teaching softball in Indianapolis for 31 years now. If I can find out how to put myself on this forum like you have I will demonstrate the proper way to snap and follow through to get the most power. The main problem here is you worry too much about demonstrating I/R and over rotate to demonstrate. I'm sorry I have to do this but this is the way I feel. I'm going to find out how to video like you are doing to give what I think is better way and I do it all the time into my glove with a strong lose follow through.
You lost me when you said forearm fire....... Actually you lost me in all your here and there posts over the years as you love to tell people they are wrong but you have yet in the history of DFP to back it up with video, pics, facts. Easy to argue anything, but you better be able to present the facts, a better option, etc. You have done none of this..........EVER!!!!

All that said, please bring your wisdom and teach us all. I am open to a better way and so are others, but you have to bring it and at this point you haven't. But feel free to try, and as I said, we are open to listening. Eagerly await your videos and I say that in the most honest way I can. If you can teach us all we will all be forever grateful!

Feb 20, 2012
You lost me when you said forearm fire....... Actually you lost me in all your here and there posts over the years as you love to tell people they are wrong but you have yet in the history of DFP to back it up with video, pics, facts. Easy to argue anything, but you better be able to present the facts, a better option, etc. You have done none of this..........EVER!!!!

All that said, please bring your wisdom and teach us all. I am open to a better way and so are others, but you have to bring it and at this point you haven't. But feel free to try, and as I said, we are open to listening. Eagerly await your videos and I say that in the most honest way I can. If you can teach us all we will all be forever grateful!

Feb 20, 2012
Not a better way. Its the right way. Anytime you snap the ball on release it's always a good idea to use hip. And for forearm fire its the forearm going across the waste from hip to hip without trying to turn the hand over. I hand will turn in towards the body auto if you try and turn it then the hand does not stay behind the ball long enough to get the ball off the fingers and what happens is it pressures so slightly around ball making the pitch have no profile. If you read what I said I will find out how to put myself on this forum like Board Member has done and give a demo of how I snap into my glove then you tell me if what is do looks ok to you or not. It took me years to learn how to do this right and now I'm too old to play but I ask you this. How many guys do you know in their 80' can pitch?

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Not a better way. Its the right way. Anytime you snap the ball on release it's always a good idea to use hip. And for forearm fire its the forearm going across the waste from hip to hip without trying to turn the hand over. I hand will turn in towards the body auto if you try and turn it then the hand does not stay behind the ball long enough to get the ball off the fingers and what happens is it pressures so slightly around ball making the pitch have no profile. If you read what I said I will find out how to put myself on this forum like Board Member has done and give a demo of how I snap into my glove then you tell me if what is do looks ok to you or not. It took me years to learn how to do this right and now I'm too old to play but I ask you this. How many guys do you know in their 80' can pitch?
Sounds great. I look forward to seeing your video.

Nov 18, 2015
Ken - thanks for helping to get those posted.

Could you also help me understand what I'm (not) seeing? BM and Mr. Feld's motions look the same, it's just that Mr. Feld does a full windup. They both IR, they both throw across the body, both seem to brush and let their arm "wrap" around their hip. Maybe Mr. Feld ends up more closed on the follow through, but I don't see much of a hip rotation or "snap". (I should had that I hope I still have that much range of motion when I'm 80!)

Is everyone just vehemently agreeing with other? Is it a terminology difference? Or is there an underlying difference?

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Nunthia1914 has more video he's been trying to post but we just can get the files to send to me.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Look forward to seeing them. All these years I thought Nunthia was a reincarnated OILF. The only 2 screen names that I can recall that would post @BoardMember didn't know what he was talking about. I made the assumption that OILF created another screen name (Nunthia) which now looks like was not the case. The "forearm" fire thing that Nunthia states still has me puzzled however. Is Nunthia related for forearm Phil?

All that said, I am not sure what the issue he has with BM is either. Seems Nunthia is an advocate of hip contact which we call brush here and for some reason he thinks BM is not which is not the case.

Regardless, always interested in other perspectives particularly if they are not from OILF.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802