Number of tournaments per month? roster size?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2018
Thanks - What do you mean by league games? Are you talking about little league games? Or are you talking about scrimmages with other local teams?

In the St. Louis area we have "travel ball leagues" for lack of a better term. At least at 10u and 12u we have them. I think there are 2 or 3 different facilities that have these leagues, and you can try to find the league that best fits your level of competition. This year we are playing a double header every Thursday night against other local teams from April through June. (I'm guessing most teams are located within an hour drive) You will usually have 5 or 6 teams in your league.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Thanks - What do you mean by league games? Are you talking about little league games? Or are you talking about scrimmages with other local teams?

For our area (because we are a smaller city with larger ones being 3+ hours away) we don’t have Platinum/All Star/A++++/whatever TB organizations.

So we have, what I call, competitive rec leagues or TB league. Other places it may get called rec league but it’s pretty competitive at the upper levels. Many TB teams will play mid-week league games and then travel to do weekend tournaments. Which is what we do.

What our area calls recreation league is barely softball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
In the St. Louis area we have "travel ball leagues" for lack of a better term. At least at 10u and 12u we have them. I think there are 2 or 3 different facilities that have these leagues, and you can try to find the league that best fits your level of competition. This year we are playing a double header every Thursday night against other local teams from April through June. (I'm guessing most teams are located within an hour drive) You will usually have 5 or 6 teams in your league.

You beat me to it. This is exactly how our (Springfield, MO) leagues are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 15, 2018
CT
First year 14U, 12 girls (10 until high school and hockey are over). 12 tournaments from late April through end July.

4/23 - local
4/30 - travel
5/14 - local
5/21 - host
6/4 - local
6/11 - travel
6/18 - local
6/29 - local
7/9 - host
7/14 - travel
7/23 - travel
7/30 - local

Oct 10, 2018
Second year 14U, 12 girls on the roster. 20/21 schedule was 4 fall ball tourneys and they can't start 2021 until after the HS season, 7 summer tourneys from late June through August. Practice 2x a week--one fielding focused, one hitting focused, P/C required to take one lesson a week.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Second year 14U, 12 girls on the roster. 20/21 schedule was 4 fall ball tourneys and they can't start 2021 until after the HS season, 7 summer tourneys from late June through August. Practice 2x a week--one fielding focused, one hitting focused, P/C required to take one lesson a week.
Burnt toast. Nobody is there to see them. Spinning your wheels. IMO, the travel is way overrated. Can get in more work in and development closer to home (So Cal). Why travel 5 or 7 hundred miles to play teams that live 25 miles from you.

May 4, 2016
16u 11 on the roster. Practice 3 times a week for a total of 7 hours. 11 tournaments first of April until end of July. High school practice will start about a week later. Then will be probably 3 tournaments in the fall from mid October till first of November.

Feb 15, 2017
16u 11 on the roster. Practice 3 times a week for a total of 7 hours. 11 tournaments first of April until end of July. High school practice will start about a week later. Then will be probably 3 tournaments in the fall from mid October till first of November.

3x and 7hrs a week for a 16u team?!? Holy cow. That seems....ummm...excessive. Tell me all these players are from the same town?

May 6, 2015
14u mixed age team, a few girls in HS

2 tournaments in May
4 in June
Youth Softball Nationals in July

we played a LOT in the fall. good chance they also decide to play in a "travel league", featuring weeknight games. due to HS, will probably be a little short handed for first 3-4 tournaments

Oct 10, 2018
Burnt toast. Nobody is there to see them. Spinning your wheels. IMO, the travel is way overrated. Can get in more work in and development closer to home (So Cal). Why travel 5 or 7 hundred miles to play teams that live 25 miles from you.

??? What are you talking about? Do I know you? We play teams from as far north as Maine and as far south as MD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28