Now what am I going to do for the next 3 months?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
My worst fears were realized last night. DD tried out for a travel basketball team and was selected by the coach for a roster position (a lot of the basketball teams around here have practice and roster positions, the practice players only play if a roster player is injured or unavailable). The team practices T, W, TH and then has games on F, Sa and Su if they make it to that round. That leaves no time for softball. The season runs until mid January. She told her TB coach last night and informed him that she will be back for the 2011 season. What am I going to do with all my extra time? No dirt or grass stains for 2 and a half months. The horror! The horror!

Mar 15, 2010
Had to sit in a gym for an hour last night watching practice, no moving air, hot and stuffy, loud as heck. I miss my softball fields...

May 7, 2008
Tucson
There are plenty of slow pitch teams that can use you. Playing yourself can give you a whole different out look to the game. You find out how really difficult it is to hit that ball (even with a 15 foot arc), you find out that you might actually drop a fly ball now and then, you get a feeling of what it is like to get yelled out for mistakes and you experience balls flying at you at 98+ miles an hour.

Softball looks easier than it is.

Mar 15, 2010
There are plenty of slow pitch teams that can use you. Playing yourself can give you a whole different out look to the game. You find out how really difficult it is to hit that ball (even with a 15 foot arc), you find out that you might actually drop a fly ball now and then, you get a feeling of what it is like to get yelled out for mistakes and you experience balls flying at you at 98+ miles an hour.

I posted on playing slow pitch a few months back. Got put in right field, slipped on wet grass and missed an easy line drive, struck out a couple of times. Did make an inning ending stretch catch. Also thought the bases were moved to 90' since it took me way longer than to run 60' than I used to.

Mar 15, 2010
WooHoo DD is playing softball this weekend!!!! The sun is shining brighter, the birds are chirping louder, the dogs are sleeping longer. The heavens and earth are again in alignment. Turns out basketball coach felt this weekend was too soon for the first tournament and postponed to next weekend. DD will be playing both Saturday and Sunday. I will have dirt under my feet and grass stains on the shirt from being hit with wiffles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598