Not hitting the ball as far as previous years

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Sounds like it's a swing issue as others have stated, but just another thought. Did she happen to switch bats, or is she using the same bat as last year but it has now been used for a few seasons? Not as likely, but you could be dealing with a dead bat. I have seen it happen with the composites. They can lose their pop after long heavy use.

Yes she did switch bats.. CF9 to Easton Ghost.. according to what everybody else says, The Ghost is one of the hottest bats on the market

Sep 19, 2018
Yes she did switch bats.. CF9 to Easton Ghost.. according to what everybody else says, The Ghost is one of the hottest bats on the market
Those bats are weighted totally differently. Maybe the most polar opposite you can get in two bats. Understanding the Ghost is hot, it may not be optimal for your daughters swing. I don't necessarily think that this is the case, but it should be easy enough to find / borrow a CF or Zen in her size for some front toss to rule it out.

May 16, 2016
es she did switch bats.. CF9 to Easton Ghost..

Same length/weight? Or is Ghost longer/heavier? I'd have her do some BP with her old bat, and see if she has same results as with the Ghost.

Back in 12u, DD moved from 31" CF8 -11, to a 32" CF9 -11. And suddenly her hitting went into a slump. Batting coach suggested she was ready for a drop 10, so she moved to a 32" -10 Xeno, and boom, she back to hitting bombs. (He suggested the drop 10 when we first went shopping for bats, but SHE picked the -11 CF9).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802