Northern Illinois University Softball - Youth Summer Camp

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 9, 2016
The Northern Illinois University Softball program will host its 2019 Youth Summer Skills Camp on Tuesday, July 16th from 9am-12pm. The camp is geared towards individuals in 1st through 6th grades (as of August 2019). The Youth Summer Skills Camp will be held on the campus of Northern Illinois University at Mary M. Bell Field (270 Stadium Drive East, DeKalb, IL 60115).

About the Camp:
The 2019 Summer Youth Skills Camp will focus on both defensive and offensive fundamentals to mold a solid all-around athlete. To kick-start the day, campers will get the chance to hit front toss on the field, go through offensive drill work in the batting cage, and participate in a Q&A with current NIU student-athletes. Next, campers will be led through a throwing progression and receive position-specific instruction on infield, outfield or catching.

Camp Questions:
Please direct all camp questions to Coach Wade at awade@niu.edu.

For more information or to register, go to https://camps.jumpforward.com/NIUSoftballCamps .

*All NIU Softball camps and clinics are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender.

Chris Delorit

Apr 24, 2016
Green Bay, WI
In the past, I attempted to contact Coach Wade via PM and e'mail in order to try and set up an arrangement where Northern Illinois University would also take on any volunteer coaches for their clinics. It would be a great opportunity for the University to mentor youth level coaching, as well as an opportunity for those youth coaches to become familiar with the skills the University is looking for in recruits.

If I should receive any information, I'll be happy to pass that information along for any coaches who are forum members or for those who may be just passing by.

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802