Northeast softball dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
Need to keep learning. You might want to post what the plan is on the hitting forum and maybe people will help you understand it a bit better.

She said an important part of her plan is to get DD to think about pitch count and when she can take a pitch which isn't in DD's wheelhouse. DD likes outside pitches. Coach said on the first pitch if it is inside, DD should be fine taking it. When its 0-1, then the options are reduced. That all makes sense to me, I just don't have anything I could add to it.

She is also working with DD on timing, and how to deal with pitches of different speeds. Sounds like excellent advice to me. I understand the concepts, I just have no way to add to the conversation. Oh well, as long as she is getting sound instruction.

Apr 28, 2019
Thanks. I should have mentioned she has a hitting coach. We can't get to the coach every week, so she is regularly asking me to watch her swing and make corrections. I can stand there and put balls on the tee while she is hitting into the Bownet, but for corrections, I'm useless
Hi- Also from Northeast. Your very fortunate your daughter looks to you for advice. There will come a time when you won’t know anything in her eyes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2