Non-athletic campus visit and swag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
DD wants to take an official a campus tour through the Office of Admissions. She isn't going to identify herself as a hoping to be recruited, she just wants to see the campus as a student. If during the tour the school offers swag should she decline it?

Edit-Just learned official visit means something different to the NCAA than what DD was thinking. She wants to get the general tour of the campus through the Office of Admissions, and not just walk around the campus with just the family.

Last edited:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
DD wants to take an official campus tour through the Office of Admissions. She isn't going to identify herself as a hoping to be recruited, she just wants to see the campus as a student. If during the tour the school offers swag should she decline it?

Nope. It is available to everyone looking to be a student so take it. And during the tour/admissions sessions feel free to identify yourself as a prospective student-athelte as you may have questions your want to ask . A lot of the time the students leading tours are athletes and they have insight your DD might be interested in.

You only have to worry about special treatment.

May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
Nope. It is available to everyone looking to be a student so take it. And during the tour/admissions sessions feel free to identify yourself as a prospective student-athelte as you may have questions your want to ask . A lot of the time the students leading tours are athletes and they have insight your DD might be interested in.

You only have to worry about special treatment.

Great advice, thanks.

Apr 12, 2016
Minnesota
DD wants to take an official campus tour through the Office of Admissions. She isn't going to identify herself as a hoping to be recruited, she just wants to see the campus as a student. If during the tour the school offers swag should she decline it?
What year is she in HS?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2016
Minnesota
I would have your DD email the coach and let the coach know you are coming to visit campus. Even if they don't know who she is it might spark a little interest and coach might hook you all up with a tour of the softball facilities and your DD could get some good 1 on 1 time with one of the coaches. Nothing negative can come from letting the HC know you will be on campus.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28