No Stride

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The movement whether it be stride or no-stride needs to be controlled by the middle. IOW's the front heel coming up/down is a result.

PDM

Jun 18, 2019
NJ
DD's been working on No stride. She wants to swing this way. I don't have any problem with it. Is there anything to be aware of or to look for? The main thing I know is that she doesn't need to just stand and spin. Still have to have sequence. Bp at home and Team Bp yesterday went well didn't get video of that, just what I have at home.

It worked quite well for Joe DiMaggio. it can certainly work for your daughter.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Watch Miggy's front foot release in post #30. When no-stride was very popular decades ago, there where a number of knee injuries caused by the front foot not releasing.

She's got a nice stroke going on :cool:

Oct 2, 2017
Watch Miggy's front foot release in post #30. When no-stride was very popular decades ago, there where a number of knee injuries caused by the front foot not releasing.

She's got a nice stroke going on :cool:
Thanks and thanks for the heads up about the knee. She still has a tendance at timed to stride a tiny bit, but that's just habit,

She has used it so far only off of front toss and machine. She has a tournament this weekend so she will finally use it live then and possibly today for practice.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802