No Stride

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Movements have no bearing on when you start moving. If you are late, you start sooner. It's that simple.

If you remove the 'movements', and don't start sooner, you ruined the kid's swing. It's a tough crowd, because time is your enemy. I don't like seeing kid's swings ruined, or having improvements not happen for years.

Kids can have the same technique as a pro. Do you think most pros had terrible swings as a kid?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Clemenslee1

After looking at the comparison, she might start to get into the chair. She might get her butt into the swing. A little, that’s why I said she can improve.

The front heel up should be a part of coiling. Their both tied together. Edmonds just coiled, front heel up and even slide the front foot backwards a few inches. I’ll get his swing posted.

Feb 1, 2021
Movements have no bearing on when you start moving. If you are late, you start sooner. It's that simple.

If you remove the 'movements', and don't start sooner, you ruined the kid's swing. It's a tough crowd, because time is your enemy. I don't like seeing kid's swings ruined, or having improvements not happen for years.

Kids can have the same technique as a pro. Do you think most pros had terrible swings as a kid?
Lol, amazing what triggers people. You sure have a bug up your nose about what you think I said. I simply said stay away from the extremes. Never even got remotely close to saying 'remove all movement'.

Be less concerned with 'winning the argument' and more concerned with giving age-appropriate feedback. Nothing about a swing to an 11 year old is 'just that simple', especially sorting out timing issues.

But hey, you keep winning those arguments. (y)

Aug 20, 2017

What’s wrong with loading back? He is getting his butt into the swing as he sits. She doesn’t sit. She just moves against the back leg he coils around the back leg as the hip socket bottoms out, sitting to hit. She isn’t pinching the scap and using the back. She just moves her hands/arms.

In summary, we have a weak spring, because it isn’t set at the bottom or top to stretch. The spirals aren’t allowed to flow.

Although, I think she is close. I like her swing and I think she does a good job on the no stride. A have 1 no stride hitter and I’m going to convert another ( has happy feet and I think she is scared of the ball). She has been playing up to be on her twin sisters team. This year she will be at the correct age group.

I have a lots of no stride swings!

Nothing wrong with going back. If a player goes back some so be it. Don’t go back to go forward. Lift your front heel and if you go back fine. Don’t think “go load back”. Pick your front heel up and you load will most likely happen. It shifts your weight for you. Don’t teach “how to load”

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Nothing wrong with going back. If a player goes back some so be it. Don’t go back to go forward. Lift your front heel and if you go back fine. Don’t think “go load back”. Pick your front heel up and you load will most likely happen. It shifts your weight for you. Don’t teach “how to load”

So you believe in chaos, just load?

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member