No stride

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

I really like this no stride swing. The hands start in my favorite starting position. Where they have to move back, down (a little) and up (a little).

As soon as icloud fixes it's upload issues I will reload this clip and clear it up again. If the golf swing and baseball swings are similar, then the no stride is closest to the golf swing.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Uncoils nicely. Hands move around in different fashions on a lot of good swings but are married to the rear shoulder when its time to go. That's a pretty simple and repeatable swing. Moving hands can help with timing and keep hitter fluid.

May 12, 2016
giphy.gif

I really like this no stride swing. The hands start in my favorite starting position. Where they have to move back, down (a little) and up (a little).

As soon as icloud fixes it's upload issues I will reload this clip and clear it up again. If the golf swing and baseball swings are similar, then the no stride is closest to the golf swing.
Thanks for posting, looks like a good swing to model for the no stride hitters. Trying to find a no stride video of Bo Bichette, he reverts to this every time there is 2 strikes against. He is known so far in his short career as being a very good 2 strike hitter

Nov 18, 2015
Julray - look for swings of Juan Soto (Nats) as well - he's been using no-stride, or nearly no-stride 2-strike approach since he came up a year or two ago.

Shawn - thanks for posting. What I like about this swing is that while it may be hard to see any coiling around the rear leg, it could be a good clip to show how a hitter can get "into" their back leg, Or to better phrase it - it shows how the weight shifts back THROUGH the rear foot, and not back OVER the rear foot.

And no pause! Love that - the swing (just like the throw) is one continuous motion. (Caveat - pause may be needed for off-speed adjustment).

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Julray,

I just watched Bichette today. He was going to a no stride after 2 strikes. He hit a bouncing ball up the middle for a base hit. They didn't show any side views. Yes, Soto does this as well from what I've seen with 2 strikes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2