No stride swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

May 9, 2019
Thanks for this thread. I have recently gone no stride with my DD, and it truly helped her this past game. I understand you may be leaving power on the table without a full stride, but for now, this is working for us.

Oct 2, 2017
Thanks for this thread. I have recently gone no stride with my DD, and it truly helped her this past game. I understand you may be leaving power on the table without a full stride, but for now, this is working for us.

Not really true, As long as you can still generate a weight shift and coil properly.

May 12, 2016
Not really true, As long as you can still generate a weight shift and coil properly.
Exactly, personally I believe stride is a easier teach point when focusing on weight shift and coil.. my DD is a no stride type hitter and she's struggled with that. However if you can weight shift and coil properly with no stride then no power is lost or gained by striding

Oct 2, 2017
Exactly, personally I believe stride is a easier teach point when focusing on weight shift and coil.. my DD is a no stride type hitter and she's struggled with that. However if you can weight shift and coil properly with no stride then no power is lost or gained by striding

I agree with this point, I think from my limited experience this is more true for the younger ages,

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
So, to summarize, less than 1% of MLB hitters do not use a stride. Of those, sometimes they use a stride, like Cruz, Pujols, etc..

Striding has a 99% success rate. What odds do you want for your kid?

May 12, 2016
So, to summarize, less than 1% of MLB hitters do not use a stride. Of those, sometimes they use a stride, like Cruz, Pujols, etc..

Striding has a 99% success rate. What odds do you want for your kid?
A simplified approach for some kids that are less athletic might be no stride.. lets stop comparing every kid to a MLB player. BTW OP, I am not saying your kid is not athletic or coordinated... but mine is, :). For some reason she can still generate good bat speed, throw the ball hard etc.. but sometimes she has trouble standing up straight, lol. For her no stride makes more sense.. we've been down the take a step/stride path before, it's not for her and I'd imagine a swing with less moving parts would make sense for quite a few of our DD's. With that being said stride might be just the thing for your dd, it might work well, nothing wrong with being open to that. But just because 99% of MLB'ers stride doesn't mean your DD has to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802