No stride and swinging from the launch, one legged?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Tighten her gather and shorten her stride. I would be semi guessing on the tighter gather.
Also, get her back foot pointed straight. One of the few absolutes in stance for me. Helps compress front hip against back hip during load. Compress them and ride the forward slowly

Jul 29, 2013
JD goes forward and his back knee ERs. That’s his pelvis Turning behind him. I don’t believe in back knee down and in at launch. I believe in resisting that turn of the knee so the pelvis rotates over the femur and pulls on the rear leg up into contact. We arespeaking of different patterns.
Copied from the post... that you obviously didn't read.
"The back leg internally rotates and the pelvis turns back against it with the front leg raised.
The obliques and other core muscles turn the front shoulder toward the back hip.

The back leg abducts and externally rotates, the COM moves forward and the pelvis opens. The front leg externally rotates into foot plant."

The knee doesn't turn, the external rotation of the leg turns the knee. When the rear leg lifts off the ground there is no need to keep it externally rotated. So it rotates back to a neutral position via the pull of the pelvis moving forward. It raises so it doesn't drag on the ground.
Make a left hand turn and watch the motion of the right leg.

This isn't a matter of defining a pattern or pushing an agenda.
It is merely a step by step, frame by frame observation of the video swing that you posted. You use the motion to blur the understanding.
A frame by frame break down of the motions allows comparisons to see exactly what happened and when, no bs.
It's very slow motion.
But you'll argue anything.
When I have a chance, I'll go back and find the posts of you arguing that the rear leg doesn't externally rotate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478