No stride and swinging from the launch, one legged?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Have you read anything I've posted and thought about it? Or at least read it? I didn't write it. It's simply the way the body works. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Well truth be told. When you came with the legs open up and everything is dragged to the ball. I shut you down. I knew immediately you were behind. You were embarrassed so you want to find anything you can to save face.Kinda like you tried to play ‘gotcha’ with Julray in the ‘down to’ thread. Think you lost that one. Doesn’t matter, I’m not fond of character flaws so.

Why did you PM me? Why do you post things about the body and say it’s ‘one or all of these muscles’? You act like you know. But then clearly you don’t right? That’s not very detailed. But you demand details. Go figure out what I’m saying so we are not taking about something that is reactive in the first place and doesn’t take any thought to execute. Just a solid balanced sequence.

stop misrepresenting someone who knows something.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Will, contracting the obliques down to from a leveraged fyb position.

YLZp7Uu.gif

Feb 25, 2020
Well truth be told. When you came with the legs open up and everything is dragged to the ball. I shut you down. I knew immediately you were behind. You were embarrassed so you want to find anything you can to save face.Kinda like you tried to play ‘gotcha’ with Julray in the ‘down to’ thread. Think you lost that one. Doesn’t matter, I’m not fond of character flaws so.

Why did you PM me? Why do you post things about the body and say it’s ‘one or all of these muscles’? You act like you know. But then clearly you don’t right? That’s not very detailed. But you demand details. Go figure out what I’m saying so we are not taking about something that is reactive in the first place and doesn’t take any thought to execute. Just a solid balanced sequence.

Haha. You have a strange perspective on a lot of things. And I can tell you've never been wrong.

Jul 29, 2013
shut you down after the first sentence. The back leg doesn’t IR. Look at the knee ER as he gathers. try doing that while in IR. Hopefully you don’t break anything. Good luck!

the swing is about the movements within the swing. Not static positions in the swing. Stills are useless.
When the right knee gets closer to the left hip, that's internal rotation. If you'd view the first still, you'd be able to see that and then you'd know the usefulness of stills as opposed to what you imagine happens.

Jul 29, 2013
shut you down after the first sentence. The back leg doesn’t IR. Look at the knee ER as he gathers. try doing that while in IR. Hopefully you don’t break anything. Good luck!

the swing is about the movements within the swing. Not static positions in the swing. Stills are useless.
Stills aren't pictures of static positions. They're snapshots that freeze motion so we can see exactly the moves.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Haha. You have a strange perspective on a lot of things. And I can tell you've never been wrong.

I’m married 24 yrs. I’m always wrong.. once again, Subjective. when I swing a bat, I feel my obliques pulling. On the way down to toe-touch. I feel it pull my pelvis laterally. A few others have chimed in and said the same. I’ve posted some videos of people claiming the same. If that’s weird to you. Maybe you’re weird?

Remember you wanted to open up to the ball ground up. Remember that? I can totally see why you think or feel your leg controlling your hips. Maybe we are just speaking of 2 different patterns. But whatever. Good talk.

Jul 29, 2013
Have you read anything I've posted and thought about it? Or at least read it? I didn't write it. It's simply the way the body works. Please stop spreading misinformation.
Sit in a swivel chair.
Turn your shoulders.
Contract your obliques.
Let me know if your pelvis moves or if your shoulders turn back to neutral.
Take a video and post it.
Shut up.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
When the right knee gets closer to the left hip, that's internal rotation. If you'd view the first still, you'd be able to see that and then you'd know the usefulness of stills as opposed to what you imagine happens.

JD goes forward and his back knee ERs. That’s his pelvis Turning behind him. I don’t believe in back knee down and in at launch. I believe in resisting that turn of the knee so the pelvis rotates over the femur and pulls on the rear leg up into contact. We arespeaking of different patterns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802