No stride and swinging from the launch, one legged?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
a bunch of stills MOVING right? 😜
I can see you haven't figured it out so I'll try one last time.
I didn't post one picture. I posted 2 or 3 or more. That way you might be able to compare the 1st to the 2nd to the 3rd etc...., typically showing the change in positions, 30ths of a second apart, so you would see exactly what happens and when.
Then you won't say stupid stuff like.....
"here’s Will Clark demonstrating exactly what I’m saying again. The initial opening of the front hip is the obliques pulling. The actual hips hardly rotate. good players try to hit against the hips and legs. Not open everything up and twist their body open like a top."
.....when there's visual evidence to the contrary.
A bunch of stills could be used by a smarter guy to see what's actually happening.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Copied from the post... that you obviously didn't read.
"The back leg internally rotates and the pelvis turns back against it with the front leg raised.
The obliques and other core muscles turn the front shoulder toward the back hip.

The back leg abducts and externally rotates, the COM moves forward and the pelvis opens. The front leg externally rotates into foot plant."

The knee doesn't turn, the external rotation of the leg turns the knee. When the rear leg lifts off the ground there is no need to keep it externally rotated. So it rotates back to a neutral position via the pull of the pelvis moving forward. It raises so it doesn't drag on the ground.
Make a left hand turn and watch the motion of the right leg.

This isn't a matter of defining a pattern or pushing an agenda.
It is merely a step by step, frame by frame observation of the video swing that you posted. You use the motion to blur the understanding.
A frame by frame break down of the motions allows comparisons to see exactly what happened and when, no bs.
It's very slow motion.
But you'll argue anything.
When I have a chance, I'll go back and find the posts of you arguing that the rear leg doesn't externally rotate.

another truth be told post... what you describe is not the elite pattern. Your work you have shown all of us is not the elite pattern. So you telling me how and what the elite players do is kind of a waste of time. See what I’m saying?

nothing personal. I tend to not waste my time on these boards with anything less unless provoked.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I can see you haven't figured it out so I'll try one last time.
I didn't post one picture. I posted 2 or 3 or more. That way you might be able to compare the 1st to the 2nd to the 3rd etc...., typically showing the change in positions, 30ths of a second apart, so you would see exactly what happens and when.
Then you won't say stupid stuff like.....
"here’s Will Clark demonstrating exactly what I’m saying again. The initial opening of the front hip is the obliques pulling. The actual hips hardly rotate. good players try to hit against the hips and legs. Not open everything up and twist their body open like a top."
.....when there's visual evidence to the contrary.
A bunch of stills could be used by a smarter guy to see what's actually happening.

I will not look at stills and analyze Static positions. Stop wasting your time. Post them for someone that thinks of the swing that way.

Jul 29, 2013
another truth be told post... what you describe is not the elite pattern. Your work you have shown all of us is not the elite pattern. So you telling me how and what the elite players do is kind of a waste of time. See what I’m saying?

nothing personal. I tend to not waste my time on these boards with anything less unless provoked.
What I described is the swing you posted. Was it not an elite swing?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood