No Softball in Illinois this Summer?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Seems that way. Sure I am hearing the same things you are.

Minimally they need to change the rules to winning percentage over number of wins. There is no way they are making up all these games.

May 29, 2015
... and IESA has changed their mind ... again, I'll withhold my comments ...

IESA reverses decision to cancel fall season of sports

Softball, baseball, and cross-country teams may begin their practices on Aug. 3 and they may conduct their first game or contest on Aug. 15. Competitions won’t be held before Aug. 15, meaning contests previously scheduled to start before that date will need to be canceled.

A regional-only level of the state series for softball and baseball will be held the week of Sept. 21 and a sectional-only level for cross-country will be held sometime between Oct. 10-17. A sectional-only level for golf will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 9.

The Board also approved a plan for modified seasons in all remaining IESA sports and activities with the goal of providing schools, administrators, coaches, parents, and officials with a general framework for their sports and activity programs in the 2020-21 school year.

Officials said it is a fluid plan and circumstances, guidelines, and mandates may change any part of the plan at any time.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
... and IESA has changed their mind ... again, I'll withhold my comments ...

IESA reverses decision to cancel fall season of sports

Alrighty then.... 💁flip a coin

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I received an e-mail forwarded from one of the officials’ associations to the north of me. I can not vouch for the veracity of these statements and will withhold my thoughts, but ...

It seems schools are looking at starting “club” teams and playing anyway.

PONY is trying to put together some sort of fall offering for all levels of play.

My guess is that they're looking to take advantage of the Fall Contact days that were added this year. I have started thinking about how to utilize those days, but I was only thinking about practices.

I'm unclear on if using those contact days to form "unofficial" teams that might play non-school teams would be against the rules, though I suspect it wouldn't be.

Jul 13, 2020
Saw a tweet today that stated Iowa’s baseball season ends tonight. That it is the only state sports have taken place since the pandemic.

Gave these numbers:
94% of teams were unaffected
96% Finished the season
All infections were reported mild
Fans were allowed all season

If true this seems like good news to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802