No Softball in Illinois this Summer?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
From Springfield media (soccer focused):

The big quote here is at the very end, which suggests games won't be held until we're in Phase 5. That's too bad (again, from a softball perspective). That's next year.

Dec 11, 2010
Bloomington appears to have canceled all events through June. (I really love working there!) https://www.bngsa.org/traveltournaments

Interesting — looks like they were going to do NO admission charges at the gate this year!
We were in that one. They gave us a full refund of $650. They were indeed not charging gate. That was a “good to great” move, here is why.

I always like that tournament except they wouldn’t open the back gates ( I asked them to three years in a row) and it was a long walk to the back fields. It was too long of a walk especially for older people. I don’t know what it was about the people they had working the one gate you could go through but I have never been on a team where the parents and coaches didn’t complain about those old bats.

Opening up the gates on both ends and getting rid of the gate ladies makes that a much better tournament.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2017
We were in that one. They gave us a full refund of $650. They were indeed not charging gate. That was a “good to great” move, here is why.

I always like that tournament except they wouldn’t open the back gates ( I asked them to three years in a row) and it was a long walk to the back fields. It was too long of a walk especially for older people. I don’t know what it was about the people they had working the one gate you could go through but I have never been on a team where the parents and coaches didn’t complain about those old bats.

Opening up the gates on both ends and getting rid of the gate ladies makes that a much better tournament.

Absolutely agreed!!!! They would shake me down as a coach with my arm band on and my asa badge around my neck when I would walk up to the line that was 20 deep and tried to pass holding it up for them to see. Sure hope we get to play ASA state there in July.

Dec 11, 2010
Absolutely agreed!!!! They would shake me down as a coach with my wrist band on and my asa badge around my neck when I would walk up to the line that was 20 deep and tried to pass holding it up for them to see. Sure hope we get to play ASA state there in July.
Ha ha! Exactly. The twerp on the cart was always sitting there watching the catastrophe too. Had 4-5 people right there but “didn’t have enough people“ to open the back gate. I walked over and made time to quietly light him up 2 summers ago about the back gate issue and the way they treat the parents and how Grandma and Grandpa shouldn’t have to walk that far to protect the park district profits and he blah blah blah‘d about a courtesy cart etc. Was like talking to a tree stump. My parting shot was “you know, if you got them to quit treating people so bad, you could do something else besides sit here and fix all the problems they are causing.”

Dec 11, 2010
I like their concessions there, especially the burger hut dealio. I made up my mind a long time ago my family of four would never spend a cent on concessions or water there, ever.

I am at least moderately easy going but I had my fill of that bunch.

May 11, 2014
Just read Oklahoma voted to allow all school athletics to begin immediately with no restrictions(unless enacted by local district)

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019
The Governor of Florida opened up youth sports yesterday, with no restrictions. Cities and counties are free to impose their own restrictions. We played at a PGF tournament yesterday in Clermont. PGF imposed its own set of social distancing rules, particularly on the spectators. No fans were permitted in the bleachers. Fans were spread out from in back of 1st and 3rd base, along the outfield fences and behind the outfield. Fans were not permitted to congregate in the central area around the concession stand and bathrooms. I noticed the umpires set up a few feet further back than usual. There was no contact between the 2 teams other than ordinary game situations.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478