No practices of any kind-a message from our district

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2019
You are lucky they let you do that during "normal times". A few years ago I took my then 8 YO DD and 3 YO DS to the local HS field to play. We started playing and about 20 minutes in the HS coach came in with a full head of steam and told us we were not allowed to do that. The field is not near the HS and there was nobody there when we arrived (the gates were wide open) so they must have cameras setup. I really didn't think anything of it since I grew up practicing on my local HS field but I guess around here that is a no-no.
I got kicked off the practice field of DDs eventual high school 15 yrs ago with my buddies playing HR derby, I have a feeling it would be the same if I went out there with DD now (pre virus). It amazes me that they don't want people practicing on the practice fields. The game field I understand. I can see not wanting a bunch of 20 something jag offs screwing around out there, but they will run off kids practicing that will be on the roster in a couple years.

Oct 29, 2019
That is sad to hear. Our district, when putting up the bond to renovate all the athletic facilities for a vote, made a big deal that the facilities are for the students and the general population of the town. The softball fields in the district are used every weekend by neighborhood slow pitch teams.

All of the 11 high schools in our district have amazing facilities with nice turf fields and about 10 cages.

They are surrounded the sports complexes with a chain link fences with barbed wire at the top.

We go watch some of the games and sporting events there and I've never seen anyone in the cages.

Same with all the city fields here. Always locked up tight. They are for rec practices/games only.

I grew up in a large suburb in the 90s and we played on the high school fields all the time. I figured it was just the new normal to restrict assess to public fields. I see it as a huge waist of taxpayer money.

Dec 5, 2017
It was a she (at the time) and my DD's eventual HS has gone through like 4 coaches in the last 7 years and are perpetual bottom dwellers which is weird since one of the best college programs in the country takes up residence here... 🤷‍♂️

I just didn't know because like I said I had grown up being able to play on any field that wasn't locked up and no I am not a threat to any HS coaches job unless they are looking for someone who quit playing college ball his Sophomore year because he was too hard on himself and is known for having water bottle throwing issues :LOL:
Our local HS field stays locked but I don't know why. It looks like a pile of beach sand in the middle of a cow pasture! Our rec fields are not great but they are still way better.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
It was a she (at the time) and my DD's eventual HS has gone through like 4 coaches in the last 7 years and are perpetual bottom dwellers which is weird since one of the best college programs in the country takes up residence here... 🤷‍♂️

I just didn't know because like I said I had grown up being able to play on any field that wasn't locked up and no I am not a threat to any HS coaches job unless they are looking for someone who quit playing college ball his Sophomore year because he was too hard on himself and is known for having water bottle throwing issues :LOL:

Just based on this post alone, you are more qualified than several coaches in our district...

Jun 8, 2016
Just based on this post alone, you are more qualified than several coaches in our district...
None of your coaches have the ability to attempt to toss a water bottle at an OF fence, miss and have it land on the field and then have the umpire call the cops because she said you were trying to throw it at her? Since I am teaching online now I have plenty of time to do consulting...

Jun 8, 2016
I believe P is too qualified to be qualified from what I can see, lol
In all seriousness coaching would be detrimental to my health. My father coached HS basketball for a couple of years
and he told me that if he continued it would have killed him..The apple didn't fall too far from the
tree with regards to uh..how should I say this..."intensity during any sort of competitive sporting activity." I would be a great practice
coach..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478