No practices of any kind-a message from our district

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
You are lucky they let you do that during "normal times". A few years ago I took my then 8 YO DD and 3 YO DS to the local HS field to play. We started playing and about 20 minutes in the HS coach came in with a full head of steam and told us we were not allowed to do that. The field is not near the HS and there was nobody there when we arrived (the gates were wide open) so they must have cameras setup. I really didn't think anything of it since I grew up practicing on my local HS field but I guess around here that is a no-no.
The hs coaches that act like that don’t realize where their players come from.

And/or he identified you as a threat to his phoney baloney job.

Coach! We have to protect our phoney baloney jobs here! We must do something about this immediately! Immediately! Immediately! Harrumph! Harrumph! Harrumph!

Last edited:
May 29, 2015
Is this a response to me, the OP? I don't have any role on any of the coaching staff in the district. I'm a dad in town who brought his daughters to practice on the field, just the three of us.

It was a generic "you" for anybody who is a coach (you weren't the only one who posted something similar). I couldn't tell by your post if you are or are not.

Dec 11, 2010
A6D13B52-C267-4B82-94FE-4790DBE3DA32.png
Pattar did the coach look like the guy on the left? This is an actual photo of our hs baseball coach, (left), hs athletic director (middle) and Boosters president (right). Her husband is the school board president, a volunteer assistant baseball coach and their son bats 4th and plays ss for some reason no one can fathom.

May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
You are lucky they let you do that during "normal times". A few years ago I took my then 8 YO DD and 3 YO DS to the local HS field to play. We started playing and about 20 minutes in the HS coach came in with a full head of steam and told us we were not allowed to do that. The field is not near the HS and there was nobody there when we arrived (the gates were wide open) so they must have cameras setup. I really didn't think anything of it since I grew up practicing on my local HS field but I guess around here that is a no-no.

That is sad to hear. Our district, when putting up the bond to renovate all the athletic facilities for a vote, made a big deal that the facilities are for the students and the general population of the town. The softball fields in the district are used every weekend by neighborhood slow pitch teams.

Mar 10, 2020
I'm requiring DD's to practice social distancing because I'm in a higher risk category.

I for one am most grateful to those who are "taking the brunt of social distancing are only doing it to help the healthcare system not get too overwhelmed."
This is as much about containing the virus as it is the well being of everyone.

Mar 10, 2020
I'm requiring DD's to practice social distancing because I'm in a higher risk category.

I for one am most grateful to those who are "taking the brunt of social distancing are only doing it to help the healthcare system not get too overwhelmed."
This is as much about containing the virus as it is the well being of everyone.
What i mean by this is we have to consider the impact of the virus and the impact to everyone how we handle it.
Considering generally viruses do not go away. We will have to find away to live with new viruses as we do other viruses.

Befor the hounds attack
I do think sheltering and distance is the right thing. For a period of time.
However it is already threatning peoples lively hoods. Couple months people will lose homes.
Jobs are already decreasing.
People already out paychecks.
If you only want to talk about the infected rate of the virus, go ahead. Guess im looking at a bigger impact of how its handled. Did read a few posts commenting towards this.

Oct 4, 2018
View attachment 16709
Pattar did the coach look like the guy on the left? This is an actual photo of our hs baseball coach, (left), hs athletic director (middle) and Boosters president (right). Her husband is the school board president, a volunteer assistant baseball coach and their son bats 4th and plays ss for some reason no one can fathom.

Harumph!!!

May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
My impression is

Since I'm guilty of taking this thread in a tangent, away from softball, and the moderators locked the "COVID-19 and Softball" thread for just that reason, I will no longer respond here unless it is relevant to softball.

Jun 8, 2016
The hs coaches that act like that don’t realize where their players come from.

And/or he identified you as a threat to his phoney baloney job.

Coach! We have to protect our phoney baloney jobs here! We must do something about this immediately! Immediately! Immediately! Harrumph! Harrumph! Harrumph!
It was a she (at the time) and my DD's eventual HS has gone through like 4 coaches in the last 7 years and are perpetual bottom dwellers which is weird since one of the best college programs in the country takes up residence here... 🤷‍♂️

I just didn't know because like I said I had grown up being able to play on any field that wasn't locked up and no I am not a threat to any HS coaches job unless they are looking for someone who quit playing college ball his Sophomore year because he was too hard on himself and is known for having water bottle throwing issues :LOL:

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Three head coaches and a pack of bozo assistants in 7 years for our hs program. We had a really good young assistant a couple years ago. Former college player. The new head coach got rid of her because she was knowledgeable, had a great personality and the players loved her. She’s also a physicians assistant so she’s obviously no help to the team that way. She traded down for a band teacher who played tennis in college, with no coaching experience of any kind. She couldn't hit ground balls because she tried to hit them backhanded, you know, like a tennis player. Her qualifications were she pitched on a church slowpitch team so “we had a pitcher for practice”. This poor kid had to coach first base and didn’t utter a word to a player in 31 games. She has since been replaced by the new substitute math teacher who has no softball experience and has coached ms wresting for one season. He will obviously bring a wealth of coaching knowledge and experience to the program. He did play some innings of hs baseball because his dad the shop teacher coached hs baseball. So we got that going for us.

And yes, I volunteered. They wanted no part of a dude that’s coached softball in hundreds of games, can run a practice and actually pitch softballs and wiffle balls, lol

Im thinking of applying for a wrestling coach or football coaching job. We had neither in my hs so I’ve never done either but how hard can it be?

What was the topic again?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802