No power in swing, help! 12U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
The swing in the video she is very early on the pitch timing wise and adjusts to stay back and wait by slowing down her hands or de-accelerating her bat. That would attribute to the lack of power.

The timing issue would be helped if she did not shift so much weight back in her load. Once you ship that much weight back it causes you to either get stuck there on your backside or, in her case in the video, lunge onto your front.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Stance looks pretty good. Front shoulder slightly down hill. I would suggest long tee work. Can she hit line drives semi consistently from home plate to the grass. There is a timing issue as Towny suggest but she needs to work on sequence first.

and

Both are great free info.

Aug 20, 2017
The negative move (load) should be slow and continuous until the move out (stride). She loads and stops. The load should transition into the stride without having to hold it. There are many different styles of load but what should be loaded is the back hip. Feel the compression of the front hip against the back hip and ride this hip compression forward. Many achieve this by posting against the backside which seems to be what she is trying to do. Tension in the back butt check should occur during the load and ride that tension forward during the stride

Sep 29, 2014
I'm not sure her swing is the issue as much as the timing as others have stated (definetly room for improvement but don't reallywant to make judgements based on this pitch). From what I can see I'm OK with load and toe touch position although bat does seem to wrap a little. This can be typical in 10/12U when pitchers are pitching suuuuuper slow. She is so far out in front of this pitch and trying to wait but just can't so she lunges out at the ball. What does she look like in practice of either a faster pitcher or machine?

Jan 28, 2020
I'm not sure her swing is the issue as much as the timing as others have stated (definetly room for improvement but don't reallywant to make judgements based on this pitch). From what I can see I'm OK with load and toe touch position although bat does seem to wrap a little. This can be typical in 10/12U when pitchers are pitching suuuuuper slow. She is so far out in front of this pitch and trying to wait but just can't so she lunges out at the ball. What does she look like in practice of either a faster pitcher or machine?

Yes that was part of the issue, we faced really slow pitcher and then normal speed and she just couldn't seem to adjust. Here is one of a faster pitcher .https://giphy.com/gifs/WR3zpdvrRUA7jYGek8

Sep 29, 2014
Second swing looks much better...you said no power I can't imagine if she connected properly with that second swing that ball wouldn't go out of the infield. She does preload which imo is OK just a style thing, she looks OK toe touch doesn't seem to start swinging to soon, she is reaching back as she brings her front leg forward....might be nice to see her connect on a pitch. Again not enough to completely analyze her swing but doesn't look like a weak handsy type swing that is going to generate a bunch of dribblers to the infield....yeah just so new post that's not a weak dribbler

Just out of curiosity how big is she and what size bat is she swinging?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28