No load

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2018
So this is my first post guys so go easy on me. My 15 year will not load any at all. She makes consistent contact and gets on base 7 out of 10 times but shes 5'8" 145 lbs and as strong as an ox. She just swings all arms. Her form is really good just all arms. Its driving me crazy. Any help or things to try would be great. I will also say that she has played since the first grade, so i would think that she would pick up on it. Thanks again

May 1, 2018
Videos will help with the breakdown. But whatever you do it's going to take a thousand swings plus to reset her muscle memory, so be ready

Apr 16, 2018
Videos will help with the breakdown. But whatever you do it's going to take a thousand swings plus to reset her muscle memory, so be ready
I think i was just hoping something would trigger for her and she would start doing it again. I will get a video up this weekend.

May 12, 2016
Always a good place to start

Also she should be starting her load sequence before the ball is pitched... could be she rushing things and that's why she doesn't load

Sep 29, 2014
Not going to get any real constructive comments without a video. Problem is could be a bunch of different things contributing.

It's hard to believe she has no load unless she is just standing there like a statue and swing with her arms as the pitch goes by...my guess is you think she isn't getting the proper load.

biggest tell is going to be her position at toe touch what does it look like. here are some model examples

Attachments

• josh foot plant.PNG
    josh foot plant.PNG
    47.4 KB · Views: 11
  • lauren foot plant.PNG
    lauren foot plant.PNG
    57.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Martineztt.PNG
    Martineztt.PNG
    178.5 KB · Views: 11
Apr 16, 2018
I didn't get a chance to record a video this weekend but i did find this from about 6 months ago. Not a lot has changed in her swing. I am not a pro just someone who listens and pays attention. So any and all positive advice is taken. Please no rude comments (feel like I have to say that as her dad)Thanks guys

Oct 2, 2017
I didn't get a chance to record a video this weekend but i did find this from about 6 months ago. Not a lot has changed in her swing. I am not a pro just someone who listens and pays attention. So any and all positive advice is taken. Please no rude comments (feel like I have to say that as her dad)Thanks guys

Video is set to private, cannot view.

Sep 29, 2014
@hjoshua23 please set video to public. Also you will never see a rude comment about any kids on this forum....simply not tolerated. The comment will all be about her swing and how she can better improve.

Apr 16, 2018
@hjoshua23 please set video to public. Also you will never see a rude comment about any kids on this forum....simply not tolerated. The comment will all be about her swing and how she can better improve.
Thank you very much for the piece of mind. I have seen that most folks on here are very respectful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802