No Hitter?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
I was probably 12 and the pitcher threw a no hitter, I think. A fly ball was hit to CF and it bounce off his glove and over the fence. How do you score that? No hitter, HR, or what. They lost 1-0.

May 6, 2015
need to know what level ball, and probably to see it. if the catch could have been made with ordinary effort, 4B E on CF. if they were on a dead run to fence looking over their shoulder, HR (to me any 12 year old level that would not be ordinary effort).

Jun 11, 2013
Had to see it but from the facts presented I would say HR. It would seem that a player would have to be either on the run for the momentum to carry it over the fence or right up against so not routine. I would really like to hear more details.

Jan 28, 2017
It was a HS game and the CF was camped under it about two feet in front of the fence. Bounced out of his glove and over the fence. The CF played college ball and we were laughing about it yesterday. Easy play and I'm not sure how he could have knocked it over the fence.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
It was a HS game and the CF was camped under it about two feet in front of the fence. Bounced out of his glove and over the fence. The CF played college ball and we were laughing about it yesterday. Easy play and I'm not sure how he could have knocked it over the fence.

Going just on the description, that's an error.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802