No hand shake, No apology needed?!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Also, were these teams tested because someone was already sick and then got tested?

How many of those with positive test results:
a) were tested more than once and as a result got counted as "positive tests" more than once in the reported numbers
b) actually became ill, saw a doctor, ended up hospitalized, in ICU, on a ventilator, or worse (heaven forbid)
Not certain why those questions matter?
Yes people who were having illness symptoms got tested positive.
Others with no symptoms tested positive.
Yes those got tested after possible exposure.
Not saying exposure was at s.b. or not.
Really not of my interest because...
My topic to post is really about interaction with people now.
Brought up teams because its the relative environment thats all.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
Not certain why those questions matter?
Yes people who were having illness symptoms got tested positive.
Others with no symptoms tested positive.
Yes those got tested after possible exposure.
Not saying exposure was at s.b. or not.
Really not of my interest because...
My topic to post is really about interaction with people now.
Brought up teams because its the relative environment thats all.
Of course they matter! WTH, why are we here in this mess and handling the way we are?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Of course they matter! WTH, why are we here in this mess and handling the way we are?
Tatonka you may care to ask about #'s...but #'s is not the point of discussion i was making.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Wife started a new job last Monday. DD calls us Monday afternoon to tell us that her BF has Covid and she came home from school that weekend. Wife had to call her new boss to tell him that she may have been exposed. She stayed home for two days until DD confirmed that she was negative. Wife was anxious about making that phone call. If she had decided to say nothing and went to work possibly exposing hundreds of co workers, could have risked her employment status. In her previous job (got laid off in June) a deck hand on a tug boat didn't tell anyone that his wife had Covid. He was fired immediately and the whole crew had to Quarantine in hotels for 10 days. Those were some pissed off co workers.

Aug 1, 2019
Really have not seen much change coaches still hand shaking before game last weekend. However you may feel its your option to do as you feel comfortable.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Please understand, I'm only asking this question because I'd honestly like to know not to make any kind of political statement or to be uncaring in any way. Seems like so many people have already had Covid and reported no or minimal effects while others have been devastated. Every area is different, I get that. Also, were these teams tested because someone was already sick and then got tested?

How many of those with positive test results:
a) were tested more than once and as a result got counted as "positive tests" more than once in the reported numbers
b) actually became ill, saw a doctor, ended up hospitalized, in ICU, on a ventilator, or worse (heaven forbid)

Covid is a mystery. My daughter, 33, a paramedic, got it back in early April. Her husband got it also, probably from her. For them it was like a strong flu. His father, 67, got it, not sure where. He spent 16 days on a ventilator, recovered, well, he didn't die. He's a shadow of his former self and is probably headed for a nursing home. His wife was tested, she was positive, barely remembers having a little cough. Did she give it to her husband or vice versa. Hard to figure. Another question is how many people did she give it to, she was a cashier in a department store.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2017
I think the cultural, polite handshake may be a thing of the past!? I'm a handshaker, especially at our church, so when I don't want to shake someone's hand these days.......

I hope I'm wrong and those days are not over! It's one thing I've taught my son, you shake a man's hand and look him in the eyes when you talk to him!
It's only over of you choose to let it be over

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog