No hand shake, No apology needed?!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
This weekend went and watched a scrimmage game.
( no foul lines or batters box nor pitching circle)
Can see appears some teams and parents have a 'social comfort zone' within there group.

Parent introduced me to the coach. We were already standing about 12 feet apart and he stepped forward to come over to shake my hand.
I kind of took a step back a little bit and it was a bit awkward cuz he saw I was not going to shake his hand and we just kind of did like an air fist bump but he actually still commented
"No handshake, well I have hand sanitizer."

Just want to say
Thats correct no handshake!
Its not being disrespectfull
Its called
My hands are clean and i'm keeping them this way!

Is this really an issue?
Come on now!!!

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
This weekend went and watched a scrimmage game.
( no foul lines or batters box nor pitching circle)
Can see appears some teams and parents have a 'social comfort zone' within there group.

Parent introduced me to the coach. We were already standing about 12 feet apart and he stepped forward to come over to shake my hand.
I kind of took a step back a little bit and it was a bit awkward cuz he saw I was not going to shake his hand and we just kind of did like an air fist bump but he actually still commented
"No handshake, well I have hand sanitizer."

Just want to say
Thats correct no handshake!
Its not being disrespectfull
Its called
My hands are clean and i'm keeping them this way!

Is this really an issue?
Come on now!!!
Should have told him you can give him a punch in the nose instead of a handshake...

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
The current situation definitely creates some awkward moments. I always carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer with me these days. I will not currently offer a handshake, but I will also not turn one down. I will immediately reach for that bottle, however.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Best thing is to not let how a person chooses to shake hands or not get in the way of a good first impression!

Always Enjoy the Fun responses here on dfp!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I think the cultural, polite handshake may be a thing of the past!? I'm a handshaker, especially at our church, so when I don't want to shake someone's hand these days.......

I hope I'm wrong and those days are not over! It's one thing I've taught my son, you shake a man's hand and look him in the eyes when you talk to him!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee