No Fans

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD just texted me saying that fans are not allowed to attend games. Meanwhile, I am looking at letter from the Athletic Director that says in Bold. We will likely have limited capacity at venues, but having our parents is our first priority. We want you to be able to come watch your son or daughter play. I canceled our flight for next weeks games.

Mar 8, 2016
DDs college made the same announcement. I am hoping to get to go to some of the away games but I suspect they will have the same policy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
DD just texted me saying that fans are not allowed to attend games. Meanwhile, I am looking at letter from the Athletic Director that says in Bold. We will likely have limited capacity at venues, but having our parents is our first priority. We want you to be able to come watch your son or daughter play. I canceled our flight for next weeks games.

DD's college is still not sure on even having games; so I 100% expect I will be watching games via stream only this season if it even happens.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
The quality of the streaming depends on the school. I have seen some do a great job with good commentating and others with a static camera in the outfield with no sound. I hope all the schools up their Streaming game. I was bored a couple of weeks ago and watched DD's archived games. While rummaging through an opponents archives I came across DD's footage of her first collegiate HR which we never saw the swing because of buffering issues.

Jan 26, 2019
I'm pretty sure somewhat of a season will happen. The SEC is pretty gung ho about playing it looks like. Their streams (espn) are high quality (their announcers annoy me after a while :)) and they cover acc and some mid majors as well (through espn+ which is $5/mo). Pac 12 has their own network also good quality but not available everywhere. Big 12 is a mix. Longhorn network is good but only available regionally. Others have their own streaming of varying quality. V10 some games through the big ten network and some through flosoftball. Flosoftball does some v10 as mentioned and also some pre conference tournaments (such as they are this year). Quality varies vastly from network quality to someone with an iphone behind the dish. FS charges $150/yr but you can cancel anytime.

Apr 9, 2020
I do hope that parents get to watch in some fashion the kids play. its is most likely as important for the athlete as much as it is for the parent. I don't know where it falls in line with other priorities that institutions have to deal with during these times which are so fluid. add in budget cuts and not just to athletics, I'm sure that the streaming and production falls into another budget on campus of students that are learning that craft for future endeavors which could be affected by the pandemic as well.. in the end lets first hope they get to play!! the rest hopefully will fall into place.

Dec 11, 2010
We are hearing case by case which tournaments allow spectators. First two weekends no spectators.

We have a zoom next week but we have already been told that we will not be able to have dinner with our DD’s. We would have gone to every weekend if for no other reason than to spend some time with her.

That actually worries me more- the kids can really use some mom and dad time. The travel is probably the most brutal part of college softball. Especially from northern teams that have to travel south every weekend pre-conference.

I was pretty sure that as the year progresses the rules would relax but between the painfully slow vaccine rollout and new variants I’m less optimistic.

Dec 11, 2010
Ha ha- nope.

My perspective is based on older DD’s experience, hard travel for a couple months of year from a northern climate, a spring break mega trip and crazy-assed toxic environment. They never played a home game until conference play started in March. She couldn’t wait to get out of the hotel and take a break from even the team mates that she loved.

It isn’t as bad for most I’m sure. DD#2 is in a warmer climate, won’t have to travel as hard (early home games) and the coaches aren’t bi-polar. She’s got it made. We’ll still be there most weekends and some Wednesdays.

Jun 8, 2016
Ha ha- nope.

My perspective is based on older DD’s experience, hard travel for a couple months of year from a northern climate, a spring break mega trip and crazy-assed toxic environment. They never played a home game until conference play started in March. She couldn’t wait to get out of the hotel and take a break from even the team mates that she loved.

It isn’t as bad for most I’m sure. DD#2 is in a warmer climate, won’t have to travel as hard (early home games) and the coaches aren’t bi-polar. She’s got it made. We’ll still be there most weekends and some Wednesdays.
I know, I was teasing. I hope when my kids are in college they will want to see me but I have my doubts :LOL:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802