NJCAA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2018
Is there a way to tell what teams a NJCAA program might feed their players to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Some post on their websites where their players have gone. Good recruiting tool to brag about what's next for their players. Butler Community College comes to mind as one...

Jun 27, 2018
Is there a way to tell what teams a NJCAA program might feed their players to?

Ok my daughter has a Jr college that us talking to her, actually in Butler’s conference. So a kid can go play 2 years at a jr college and still play 4 if she transfers to a 4 year college?

Feb 3, 2011
So a kid can go play 2 years at a jr college and still play 4 if she transfers to a 4 year college?
I never heard that before. I thought they all were labeled as "junior transfers" or something similar and had 2 years remaining. Is softball different other sports in this regard?

Nov 18, 2013
Ok my daughter has a Jr college that us talking to her, actually in Butler’s conference. So a kid can go play 2 years at a jr college and still play 4 if she transfers to a 4 year college?

Momosdad was correct. If a girl plays two years at a junior or community college, she’ll have two years remaining, unless she’s a redshirt.

As for schools they feed to, for most it doesn’t work that way. There’s no guarantee or even preference given to specific schools. At most a coach will have a relationship with another coach and they can refer players to them. There’s so much turnover with head coaches there’s no way to know if a relationship will still exist when your kid finishes the two year school.

The best way to tell if a school has a relationship with the four year’s is to look at their fall schedulE’s for the last few years. Then see how many kids at the four year came from the two year. Coaches will mislead you. Do your homework to verify what they tell you.
Best of luck.

Jun 27, 2018
Oh ok that makes sense on the junior transfer. Thanks for the info

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
NJCAA is one of the best kept secrets in college softball. My daughter spent 2 years at Chipola State College, won a National Championship, name NJCAA Pitcher of the Year and all that good stuff. She then went on to become a starting pitcher at SC for 2 years. Krystal Goodman did the same thing a couple years later, also won a National Championship at Chipola, NJCAA Pitcher of the Year and is currently a starter at Alabama. Kaitlin Lee played D2 NJCAA and then went on to pitch 2 years at Ole Miss. These results are not typical but it happens.

Four year schools like NJCAA transfers because they are a proven commodity. They are not the crap shoot of a kid coming out of TB. The only caveat is that if you go the JUCO route you must be flexible. If your Major is obscure it is probably not the path for you. My daughter was a Business Major and could get that curriculum most anywhere. We knew by the time she was ready to transfer someone would need a strong pitcher. SC had another pitcher transfer to be closer to her family, so they needed an arm. Coaches at Chipola got SC on their fall schedule her Sophomore year. She shut them down in a game in late September and by early November an official visit and a great offer.

Many JUCO programs are fully funded with 24 (Twenty Four) FULL Athletic Scholarships, so it can be a great place to start. As I tell people you can start at Big Name U and chase foul balls, or you can start at a JUCO and chase fair balls.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
I'll tell you this also. There is not much difference between the top tier JC programs/teams compared to a ton of D1 programs/teams in terms of skill and talent. There are some JC squads year in/year out that I would expect to beat a lot of D1 teams.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28