NFHS rules Whats the penalty for an illegal bat.... Hint it's a Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 24, 2010
"What's the penalty for an illegal bat?" Batter is out.
The OP's video is of a non-approved bat for which the umpire has almost the correct penalty (batter out, which he didn't specify, player ejected, head coach ejected.) Shame on the coach.

Feb 18, 2014
At least he was very cordial about it. (Although, the clip cut off at that point and the wailing and arguing may have commenced from there.)
I would like to see where it went from there.
I like that guy's videos, he has a bunch of them, some good one for rules. I think he's in Utah.
It could be umpire fault. We tell the coaches to have their players line up all bats and helmets that are going to be used in the game on the fence prior to the game for inspection. Maybe the umpire didn't do that, or the player snuck it in.
Lump all these together for a single answer. He is in Utah and he doesn't lose his cool. It might help that most coaches only come up to his shoulder. The guy is a huge teddy bear. He won't let rules slip but I have never heard him lose his cool. At Halloween when tournaments include costumes he dresses as Frankensteins monster. And there are parks with much better views, thats kinds average.

May 29, 2015
He did seem very level headed about it (no reason not to). The only thing I would critique (minor) is the “lead up” where he kept saying “You’re not going to like this” repeatedly. Don’t set the stage, just take care of business.

I was more curious about the parents and coach. Mainly the obligatory “She’s used that bat for two years and nobody else has said anything!”

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28