$$ News Flash - Florida Gators drop Easton for Wilson

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
First on the scene with the Ghosts and now switching. Money does talk I suppose but I wonder if the Gators coaching staff was truly sold on Wilson bats over Easton?!? Be curious to see the difference in offensive output.

Apr 28, 2019
First on the scene with the Ghosts and now switching. Money does talk I suppose but I wonder if the Gators coaching staff was truly sold on Wilson bats over Easton?!? Be curious to see the difference in offensive output.
The Ghost may be the best bat out right now. It’s definitely the hottest as far as demand. What else does Easton have in their high-end line-up? Not much. Between Slugger & Demarini soooo many more choices. More choices in every aspect from batting helmets, batting gloves, to fielders gloves.
If I had a choice of what Brand my “U” was going to use hands down it would be Wilson.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Wilson bought Louisville Slugger so Gators will have access to them

Maybe, maybe not. Both Demarini and LS are owned by Wilson, but we tend to see that "Wilson" schools stick with one or the other. They get to pick whatever bat they want within the brand, but you don't usually see both LS and Demarini.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The Ghost may be the best bat out right now. It’s definitely the hottest as far as demand. What else does Easton have in their high-end line-up? Not much. Between Slugger & Demarini soooo many more choices. More choices in every aspect from batting helmets, batting gloves, to fielders gloves.
If I had a choice of what Brand my “U” was going to use hands down it would be Wilson.

Wilson also has the EvoShield brand, which also offers helmets, batting gloves, bags, etc. Wislon's umbrella is quite large.

Apr 28, 2019
Looks like their going with Wilson gloves and Demarini bats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478