Newer Anderson Rocketech

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I see the seller mentions that there is no issue using the bat in games if the sleeve starts to shift. That is definitely false. Anything moving on a bat that shouldn't be and any good umpire is not allowing that bat to be used.

Agreed. I laughed out loud at that.

I should have just asked if anyone here had a 32" Rocketech they wanted to sell. I got impatient.

Apr 1, 2019
S.E. MI
My daughter has a 33 -9 2017 RT and uses it exclusively until the weather gets over 60°F. Her favorite bat by far and the ball explodes off of it. Downside is it is not very forgiving on miss hits due to the ridged barrel sleeve. For a batter that prefers end loaded bats, this is a good to great bat. Her other bat is a 33 -9 FNX- which surprisingly has a decent end load feel and great pop - just can use it only for games & ONLY in warm weather or it will DIE (on our 2nd bat). It's criminal that those bats are so fragile...

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah, I'm seeing all these "Broken Ghost" posts on facebook and other places and I'm thinking: "It's the off-season and it's cold in most of America."

Bunch of people hitting dimpled balls from machines in 40 degree weather. I feel like Easton isn't getting a fair shake.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
just take it and line it back up with your hands if you are gonna game it(lol kind of hard to do). The bat does have great pop in the winter months as well as summer. Hit dimple balls as well, never an issue

Dec 11, 2010
DD’s first bat was a cute little 30” RT.

One of the dads on the team went to a batting coach that said they weren’t good bats and that Miken was the only way to roll. This was long before the Freak Black. He was always ragging me that if dd hit the RT good, think how good she would hit with a composite...

So one day he grabs dd’s little RT to hit fly balls. He puts the first one over the outfield, over the fence and into the middle of the neighbors yard.

He looks at me, eyes wide and says “WHOA. THATS A GOOD BAT!”

They talk about the 04’s and 05’s. We had ‘em all. In about ‘13 they made one that had a blue barrel and most had the USSSA thumbprint. They are everywhere on the used market, they are cheap and as long as it doesn’t have waves or dents they are just as good as the day they took the wrapper off them. No matter how many balls have been hit with them. Problem is there really isn’t any bat like them once you want to move on to a more conventional bat one day.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
DD’s first bat was a cute little 30” RT.

One of the dads on the team went to a batting coach that said they weren’t good bats and that Miken was the only way to roll. This was long before the Freak Black. He was always ragging me that if dd hit the RT good, think how good she would hit with a composite...

So one day he grabs dd’s little RT to hit fly balls. He puts the first one over the outfield, over the fence and into the middle of the neighbors yard.

He looks at me, eyes wide and says “WHOA. THATS A GOOD BAT!”

They talk about the 04’s and 05’s. We had ‘em all. In about ‘13 they made one that had a blue barrel and most had the USSSA thumbprint. They are everywhere on the used market, they are cheap and as long as it doesn’t have waves or dents they are just as good as the day they took the wrapper off them. No matter how many balls have been hit with them. Problem is there really isn’t any bat like them once you want to move on to a more conventional bat one day.
I absolutely loved hitting infield & outfield practice with a Rocketech, the infielders knew not to make me mad!

Dec 13, 2019
Been a few weeks since we've played because of the covid lock down but my DD is loving her 2020 RT , 2 Home runs last tourney and several laser line drive doubles this winter , as coresoftball commented I guess we got lucky and my kid is one of the 1% that can actually swing a RT. A $450 bat wont fix a $2 swing. Great bang for the buck with the Rocketech. If you've got a power hitter, for the price what have you got to lose giving it a shot ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28