New toy for Christmas

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2019
U-trip is zero seconds.

After taking the signal, the hands must come together in front of the body for not more than 10 seconds. There is no minimum time the hands must be together. Any touching of the hands together satisfies the requirement. The pitcher may begin her motion once the hands are brought together. The pitcher may not step back with the non-pivot foot. No rocking movement which pulls the pivot foot off the pitcher’s plate is allowed. If the pivot foot turns or slides in order to push off the pitcher’s plate, this is acceptable as long as contact is maintained. It is not considered a step if the pitcher slides her foot across the pitcher’s plate.

Jul 16, 2019
USSSA 6.1.D Pitcher shall bring hands together in front of body - No Longer than 10 sec
ASA-USA 6.1.C Pitcher shall bring hands together. – No less than 1 sec; No more 10 sec
NFHS 6.1.c Pitcher shall bring hands together in front of the body. – No less than 1 sec; No more 10 sec
NCAA 10.2.3 Pitcher’ hands must come together in view of the plate umpire. –No more 5 sec

After taking the signal, the hands must come together in front of the body for not more than 10 seconds. There is no minimum time the hands must be together. Any touching of the hands together satisfies the requirement. The pitcher may begin her motion once the hands are brought together. The pitcher may not step back with the non-pivot foot. No rocking movement which pulls the pivot foot off the pitcher’s plate is allowed. If the pivot foot turns or slides in order to push off the pitcher’s plate, this is acceptable as long as contact is maintained. It is not considered a step if the pitcher slides her foot across the pitcher’s plate.

May 16, 2016

Quick pitching 10 year old batters? :rolleyes:

Anyway, the negative to teaching your DD this method is that it will not serve her well at higher levels. When you introduce new pitches with different grips, she will need time in her pre-motion to set her grip. This is typically done in the glove, not behind the back where everyone can see it. So, you are just teaching her something you will have to un-teach in 12u.

Jul 16, 2019
Yes, it really likes a quick pitch. At the beginning of the thread, she looked fine. Then she started to hide the ball behind her. The hands coming together became very short since then. Did her pitching coach ask her to make the change? Why the change?

Quick pitching 10 year old batters? :rolleyes:

Nov 22, 2019
I really don’t understand while adults on this website love to try to bring down young girls. It’s constant and pretty disgusting. No one asked anyone’s opinion on her motion. She has a PC. It’s practice in a basement, not a game, where she varies how long it’s in her glove. She has more than one pitch as well.

On another post you wrote: “Ironically, I haven't seen one over 50 10U pitcher myself yet. But I did have a coach telling me that she need to pitch 50 for his 10U team. Maybe I took it too hard and generalize it a bit. Luckily, her current team coach is not like that.”

Well now you have seen a 10-u player hitting 50mph, and she’s not the fastest is our area. But hitting 50mph is big deal for a 10-u pitcher, and this post was to celebrate an accomplishment after a lot of hard work - not for some parent to try to bring my daughter down.

Jul 16, 2019
I did not realize that my comments make you feel that way. Sorry about that.

I really don’t understand while adults on this website love to try to bring down young girls. It’s constant and pretty disgusting. No one asked anyone’s opinion on her motion. She has a PC. It’s practice in a basement, not a game, where she varies how long it’s in her glove. She has more than one pitch as well.

On another post you wrote: “Ironically, I haven't seen one over 50 10U pitcher myself yet. But I did have a coach telling me that she need to pitch 50 for his 10U team. Maybe I took it too hard and generalize it a bit. Luckily, her current team coach is not like that.”

Well now you have seen a 10-u player hitting 50mph, and she’s not the fastest is our area. But hitting 50mph is big deal for a 10-u pitcher, and this post was to celebrate an accomplishment after a lot of hard work - not for some parent to try to bring my daughter down.

May 16, 2016
But hitting 50mph is big deal for a 10-u pitcher, and this post was to celebrate an accomplishment after a lot of hard work - not for some parent to try to bring my daughter down.

Posts here are for pitching discussions... and people are going to have different opinions about pretty much everything... If that is not what you are looking to do, then redirect your posts here.... Shameless Parent Brag Post Forum here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802